Poor Forum

Making me sad to see all of the polls and pointless postings in the forum. This is such a great forum... Here we have polls that are pointless left and right, postings on some of the dumbest subjects ever, and so forth... I think that it is time to start limiting these and most of you know what I mean... I think the posting like a week ago on yo momma jokes really got me going on this... I come here for the technology part of it, if I needed to hear about music or hear lame jokes I would go elsewhere..

Keep up the good work on the site though... Congrats sleeper on being named a teammember ;)

Hi marineintel,

Thats exactly the reason why we offer many forums on different topics.

The jokes forum is for jokes obviously, so thats what you'll find there. I don't know what other to suggest than just don't visit the jokes forum if you don't enjoy them.

In the General Discussion forum you'll find topics of all kinds. Consider the General Discussion forum a "chat room" of sorts. People will come by, talk about whatever, and leave.

As for the useless polls..well...:ponder: no comment

My advice for you is to visit the forums that discuss technology if that is what you're after..such as Hardware Hangout, Windows NT/2000/XP, etc.

This is a community built around much more than technology and, hence, we tend to show our other sides as well. The forums are a step inward from the main site and don't get in the way of you viewing news and commenting. So what if the forum's not what you like, just don't post there.

There are plenty of tech sites with tech forums and lifestyle-sites with lifestyle forums. But Neowin's one of the few with both. That's why I post here.