Tiny Personal Firewall 5.5.1324

This firewall beats ZAP, NortonFirewall or KPF to death , but it's bit harder to learn it ...

After You master this piece out it totally OWN!

http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf5_download

Changelog for TPF build 1324

fixed:

- bug in generating applications - apps with identical file names were generated twice

- sandbox rules page displayed faster when there was large number of applications in the Application repository

- function Allow/Prevent for user: now it displays the list of all registered users

- infrequent crash off Application Repository section after deleting an application

- 30s black screen delay during user logoff on fast user switching XP and terminal services

- occasional DCOM error on server system

- system apps were not shown in combo box in misc rules

- 'allow for user' and 'prevent for user' options were not shown in single user product versions

changed/added:

- auto enrolled system processes are marked with "L" (Learnig mode)

- Check for update option to Admin Center

- accelerated display of applications in Application Repository UI - only visible applications are loaded

- using local time (instead of UTC) in log files

- automatic label creation and deletion for per-process rules

- option to add application to group in Windows Security Ask User dialogs

- option "Hide Taskbar button when minimized" in Activity Monitor options; note: double click on tray icon to make it appear

- adding of rules separated for system and non-system processes in Administration Centre

- VBA macro options excluded temporarily

- restore policy prevented for non-admin users

- error messages when Backup failed

- support for Domain groups in rule user assignment

- Firewall rule allowing use of Remote desktop is back in default config again

This is totally different from old Tiny PF or Kerio PF ...

TPF got these main modules :

Windows Security

Firewall

IDS

Integrity Guard

You have complete control over way how are You check application / service / driver by

path/name/MD5

You got complete control over what starts what, what access what file/folder/drive, what can access what part of registry

control over ole / com (also VBA scripts but that module was disabled due to bugs be back in future versions) and so on ...

Also there are various levels of control to set from pretty simple (noobs) to extreme complex rules which depends just only on your skills lol

in my eyes it gives me total control over everything i can imagine and it's very stable (in this version i know about one small bug so far) so in compare

with KPF problems this improvement of TPF (if anyone remember TPF version 3.x they were terrible) was for me total suprise ...

give it try, read help and manual and You will discover best stuff self ...

KPF 2.1.5 is a great firewall. Inbound/Outbound traffic.

KPF 4.10-14 are great. Inbound/Outbound/application lauching/replacing/adblocking/popupblocking/event logging/security levels/instant stop/etc......

I haven't tried Tiny since KPF took over, but I am highly doubtful that I would give up KPF4 for what you just decribed. ;)

KPF 2.1.5 is a great firewall. Inbound/Outbound traffic.

KPF 4.10-14 are great. Inbound/Outbound/application lauching/replacing/adblocking/popupblocking/event logging/security levels/instant stop/etc......

I haven't tried Tiny since KPF took over, but I am highly doubtful that I would give up KPF4 for what you just decribed. ;)

Belive me, i was KPF fan until i got ****ed with bugs and slow fixing periods (3-6 months after bug reported) ...

i dont need stupid popup/ads blockin in firewall as my browser already have it :)

what i needed was stability and security ...

So i tried in one of madness moments new TPF ... it's definitely x times better ...