XviD 1.0 Final Released

1 Year now past through but finaly XviD 1.0 the Open Source Mpeg-4 Encoder arrived get it while it's hot :) Xvid.org read more for the changelog

Changes since 1.0.0 RC3 (Ni Hao): xvidcore GMC 2 warp point fix Minor postproc code fixes. Motion Vector clipping fix for stressing test cases. VFW frontend Multiple instance memory leak fixed. Some other minor changes. DShow frontend Release packages have all needed files to build from source.

Get It Down From Here

Umm... :blink:

As you might have understood now, XviD 1.0.0 "Hey hey" wasn't a real version.

This was an "April 1st Fool Special Edition". This version contained additional code that generates a marquee text "XviD April 1st Fool Edition -- Gotcha ;-)". And whatever original video sequence you would encode, the output was always the same stupid, annoying marquee text ;-)

But don't be sad, users !

We're getting closer to the final version. The "Ni Hao" version allowed some smart users spotting important bugs that are now fixed, so we plan another release candidate just to make sure our fixes do not cause regressions. We really hope the RC4 will be the last one. RC4 is planned for this week end, so deceived users will still have some toy to play with until proper final version.

Edouard Gomez -- The evil minded XviD hacker.

:no:

I hate april 1st. Seriously. They crossed the line when they faked that EZBake drive bay oven found on slashdot - Had me all excited, got my hopes up only to find when you clicked "order", it came up with a APRIL FOOLS! page. Gay. Another step back in the progress of laziness.