G3 Torrent 0.993

-0.993 - March 28, 04'

Fixed. Sort peer list and reverse dns was switched in the options dialog.

Fixed. I broke sort peer list in 0.992

Fixed. I broke the global upload cap in 0.992

Fixed. At some point I also broke the total upload and download information

from getting reloading. So the ratios were not getting saved.

Fixed. Torrents will now reload in the same order they were in on exit.

Fixed. Details panel was showing incorrect information for downloaded, uploaded

Changed. Checking indication in the progress meter should be more accurate now.

Or at least give more feedback.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/g3torre...93.exe?download

Ben :)

I don't know what you people are talking about, but I have full control over my uploading as in Azureus or any other updated client. I can choose to stop sharing or keep sharing or share until a 1:1 ration etc etc. There are other clients that have this feature also, I don't see anyone complaining about them. And the spoofing? What's the big deal with that, browsers do it all the time.

And how is the client bad for the network, any leecher who doesn't upload properly is not good for the network, regardless of the client he/she uses.

I think G3 is a fine torrent program, it's replaced Azureus as my default.

These kind of torrent programs are what the kills the networks. the orignal bt requires u to upload an download no changes so that way everyone gets equal share. same with the edonkey platform which is still good. but if everyone continues to use this there would be no upload or slower downloads for everyone an in the end we all lose.

So you are advocating using the plain vanilla bt program, so that the upload completely and totally washes our your upload?

no, he's advocating a client that is fair on the network, such as azureus, offical, burst!, bittornado, etc

this client has option to completly disable upload.

many tracker owners do not approve of that so they banned this client

and what g3torrent's developer does next? instead of removing no-upload feature he codes client spoofing to continue hurting bt network :no:

i have no problem with this client if he'll remove these 2 leecher friendly flaws. untill then it should be avoided.

and what g3torrent's developer does next? instead of removing no-upload feature he codes client spoofing to continue hurting bt network :no:

whoa that's serious.. no wonder i've been seeing "problem connecting to tracker" most of the time..

is ABC alright? i'm not fond of Azureus' Java base, but need something advanced like G3/Azureus/ABC..

ABC is good, i have noticed though that may torrents atm are getting very slow or not connecting, too many people are not uploading its a very sad thing to see :(

Well I just settled in wih G3, and even though I do upload too, I don't need to be blocked from other torrent. My search continues....