Spymac 1GB E-mail available NOW!

I have been using spymac for a while now and its great. Just after google anounced their 1gb email www.spymac.com also made it available. Go check it out I sent emails with some much larger attachments (10mb) and it worked fine. You also get free 350mb of ftp space as well. The site is great and its all free!!!

www.spymac.com

SPYMAC.COM

btw you can access it via your favorite mail program (eg outlook express). server address is "mail.spymac.com" and just use your username and password.

post-7-1081199329.jpg

Please fill in required information

Membership is completely free (no strings attached) and includes an unsurpassed suite of services tailored for Mac users:

100 megabytes of free web space (complete with FTP and WebDAV access)

Free e-mail account with 25 megabytes of storage (includes both POP3 and Web access)

250 megabytes of free storage in Spymac's patent-pending Gallery

What's more, each member gets an individual blog, unlimited iCal publishing and access to exclusive deals on leading Mac OS X software. To use these services, we ask that you fill in the below information. Spymac respects your privacy and we invite you to read our privacy policy. If you wish, you may fill out this information at a later time.

still going to wait for Gmail..Google is the bomb :D

How in the hell is this free? Thats ALOT of space.

BTW, I won't be using Google mail. All that stuff about them going through the content of the emails anddelivering ads based onthe content seems a little intrusive to me. I have nothing to hide, but maybe I just don't want to show everything.

azan: please resize your image next time. Just for the sake of readability.

How in the hell is this free? Thats ALOT of space.

BTW, I won't be using Google mail. All that stuff about them going through the content of the emails anddelivering ads based onthe content seems a little intrusive to me. I have nothing to hide, but maybe I just don't want to show everything.

azan: please resize your image next time. Just for the sake of readability.

think about it, no one will ever have 1gb of mail. Especially if they use pop3 and download to their pc. They will in a way "oversell" it, if you get what i mean

i really dont understand how offering 1gb free space will ever be profitable... now granted, most people will never reach 1 gigabyte, but look at it this way, if just 1,000 people use up the entire gig, thats 1 terrabyte... now, there are several solutions for multiple terrabyte storage that have been around for quite some time, but as far as I know, it takes a small fortune to even have 10 terrabytes of storage space.... It just does not seem cost effective to me...

i really dont understand how offering 1gb free space will ever be profitable... now granted, most people will never reach 1 gigabyte, but look at it this way, if just 1,000 people use up the entire gig, thats 1 terrabyte... now, there are several solutions for multiple terrabyte storage that have been around for quite some time, but as far as I know, it takes a small fortune to even have 10 terrabytes of storage space.... It just does not seem cost effective to me...

they know that no-one will ever use that much. Thats why. No doubt they only have an 80gb drive or something, and will stop after a while. You never know, i think google would be more feasable (sp?) because they are a more well known company/site

I know they will never use the whole GB, but what if thousands of people us like half of the storage.. that's like a TON of space