Spymac 1GB E-mail available NOW!

it told me when i logged in sadat. i went to my old email account right away to see if there was any activation i had to do. i didnt get an email so i tried to sign in right away. i got the activation email a few minutes later. thanks though.

still cant figure out what the settings to connect to ftp, like port adress, is it ftp://spymac.net I'm so lost (trying to connect through FlashFXP) :cry:

Also , doesn't an e-mail client store messages on your pc and not on the e-mail server?

does anyone know if i coan have more than 1 account with spymac. after i registered i realized that it has 100mb webspace, and given that the address for webpages is username.spymac.com it would be nice for a non-personal account in addition to my personal account

http://www.spymac.com/network.php?p=privacy

Nothing is Private anymore..

Exactly what part of that privacy policy don't you like? nothing out of the ordinary to me...

Almost every big company collects data on their customers for research purposes. It allows them to better market their products and services. If you don't like it, don't do business with that company. Well, for that matter, if you don't like it, don't do business with any big company.

I can't seem to access the FTP site either. Using FlashFXP and I am getting the message that the connection is refused.

My activation email only said:

FTP access:
To access your free hosting space from your desktop via FTP, enter the following settings into your FTP client:

Server: sixtyVolts.spymac.net
Member name: sixtyVolts
Password:

And nothing else about the FTP access. I can log into the website OK though.

Edited by sixtyVolts

I have the same probs with the FTP... I think it's weird that I haven't any password for my FTP account. All of you whose FTP account works, did you get a password in your avtivation mail?

looks pretty good, i may acually register a free email account on this. anyone know something how hotmail is going to take on google?

I can't log into the FTP account.. Why? This is confusing...

I'm doing exactly what it's saying in the e-mail. None of my passes were put in the e-mail. I have changed my e-mail too and I am still getting nothing...

the password is (or should be) the one you use for the main account on spymac. my ftp client (smartftp) says it cannot connect before the server is actively refusing it.

I wish they do a site like that for WINians not MACians.. or spice up Neowin a lil bit, it'll b so much better..

Spymac's interface is HOT! but crowded :shifty:

i really dont understand how offering 1gb free space will ever be profitable...  now granted, most people will never reach 1 gigabyte, but look at it this way, if just 1,000 people use up the entire gig, thats 1 terrabyte... now, there are several solutions for multiple terrabyte storage that have been around for quite some time, but as far as I know, it takes a small fortune to even have 10 terrabytes of storage space....    It just does not seem cost effective to me...

Yeah, that's what I have real problems understanding too. I can imagine maybe a 40 or 100MB Email box.

But 1 GB? Insane. Cool + Insane = Yes! :blink:

I'm waiting for GoogleMail.

I also object to being associated with anything *Mac*, I have nothing against Mac's or Apple, but I don't want to be an associate. :wacko:

Edited by Blogger

I just got my account...

the e-mail works great but...

can't make the FTP work :(

it tells me my password is wrong

did anyone find a solution for that yet?