ClamAV for Windows!

Hmm.. just noticed this (not sure if anyone has posted here yet)....

ClamWin Antivirus - Front-End to Clam Antivirus

ClamWin Antivirus provides Graphical User Interface to Clam Antivirus scanning engine. It allows to select and scan a folder or file, configure settings and update virus databases. It also includes a Windows Taskbar tray icon. ClamWin also features a context menu handler for Windows Explorer which installs Scan into the right-click explorer menu for files and folders. Microsoft Outlook users may enjoy ClamWin Outlook Addin, which removes virus-infected attachments when an email is being opened.

ClamWin Antivirus Setup program provides and easy way to install the software and does not require administrative privileges in Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/2003.

ClamWin Antivirus is compatible with Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003. Main Virus Scanner Program is also compatible with different Unix versions that have Python 2.2 and Gnome Desktop.

Homepage here

Anyone care to download and give it a spin? From what I've heard, ClamAV is a damn good virus-scanner.

well for one thing it's commandline so I doubt it has always-on protection

Who is your pot dealer?

ClamWin Antivirus provides Graphical User Interface to Clam Antivirus scanning engine. It allows to select and scan a folder or file, configure settings and update virus databases. It also includes a Windows Taskbar tray icon. ClamWin also features a context menu handler for Windows Explorer which installs Scan into the right-click explorer menu for files and folders. Microsoft Outlook users may enjoy ClamWin Outlook Addin, which removes virus-infected attachments when an email is being opened.

It says specifically that it has a GUI... from the frontend for windows....

Now as far as always on protection... I don't know.

Well.. ClamAV isn't really THAT unknown... Its primarily used in *nix environments as a mail gateway AV scanning tool, and IIRC, its got the 5th quickest definition update timings...

I gave it a test run, can't really tell about detection accuracy (since I don't have a set of files lying around), but scanning is REAL FAST (compared to SAV CE 8, that is). No real-time scan and butt-ugly interface though. I think it'll be worth keeping since its a standalone thingy that won't conflict with your normal AV solution.