ClearType Sure Is Pretty

I used to use cleartype as a religion, but since my last format, I haven't turned it back on, and I got used to it to the extent that I never wanna use it again. I just turned it on to see what it was like, and it was a pain on my eyes! I guess it's just what ur used to...

How do you enable/disable ClearType in windows xp?

and can someone give me his login information for the test site? :) don't wanna register :|

Right click Desktop/properties/appearance tab

Effects button smooth fonts feature and turn it off that way

As for the site, dunno.

hmm... i just turned it off to see the difference on my 19" LCD. I gotta say, my eyes don't hurt anymore nor do I get a headache. All this time, I thought it was me. So, I now have cleartype off.

When I used to have a CRT, I had it on. back then, it looked very nice and didn't give me any head/eye aches. hmmmmm

hmm... i just turned it off to see the difference on my 19" LCD. I gotta say, my eyes don't hurt anymore nor do I get a headache. All this time, I thought it was me. So, I now have cleartype off.

When I used to have a CRT, I had it on. back then, it looked very nice and didn't give me any head/eye aches. hmmmmm

Sort of the opposite of how it was intended to work. :p

TweakXP has a cleartype changer, to change the amount of effect it has on text.

Edit: I have used the Microsoft link, and now I am happy with Cleartype again. Yay!

Edited by m-head

I have an LCD and really can't stand cleartype... even looking at those pics above i prefer the bottom one as cleartype to me looks REALLY blurry and hard on the eyes :/

totally. I hate seeing screenshots with cleartype. it annoys the hell out of me.

Cleartype isn't clean and crisp on LCD screens anyway; well not from what I've seen using Dell LCD's. With Cleartweak I can get the same look on my CRT. I like it.

I only turn cleartype on when the VS or WB theme fonts look better with it. (some themes' fonts look jagged without cleartype). But I find that I am straining my eyes when I stare too long on cleartype fonts even after I tweaked them. It makes me dizzy :wacko: