Google's Next Steps

An article at SearchEngineWatch states that Google and Yahoo have become as almost parts of the operating system, a 'layer' above Linux, Windows or Mac OS. Another article at Kottke.org says that Google is building a huge computer with a custom operating system that everyone on earth can have an account on. Some people predicts that, after Gmail, Google could start a new instant message service or even its own electronic currency.

Source: Slashdot

yea, they could also form a country and take over the world

No no no no ,thats my plot in the long list of extremely possible happenings :ninja:

Ah, Google, the corporation every .com startup wishes they could have turned into. Eventually, there will be as strong an anti-Google following as there is an anti-Microsoft following, mark my words ("Yahoo search engine is SO much more stable than Google! And you can compile the search engine yourself...")

No no no no ,thats my plot in the long list of extremely possible happenings :ninja:

It's on now! I believe that was my idea first. :pinch:

where does google get the money to run all this kind of stuff like the search engine and then the 1 GB email service that they are working on?

AdSense and companies pay google to use there search technology. :)

I heart Google.

I really do.

I mean, fantastic searches, easy image searches, quick news article searches, FROOGLE, their translator tool rules (most times). I heart it all.

Moose

soon people will start say omg google is so evil its like gator and microsoft put together there are ads on my google searches, in my g-mail, on my google messenger, on my g os, in g office files, and my g box games oh no. :D And all the ads are text based NOOOOO :D :D