nv40 benchmarks leaked

Xbit article:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/nv40.html

Ignoring the 3DMark score because the whole concept of synthetic benchmarks is stupid, it performs pretty well. The biggest difference being when pumped up to 1600 x 1200 with AA and AF on. That's where you really get the use out of the card. Drivers are a bit messed at the moment, check out the screenshot of Far Cry; it's messed.

Here's a HL2 benchmark to see what era we're getting into :devil: :

post-8-1081965993.gif

I have been reading around. And the card is still noisy as hell

50dbA + ! Thats insane a big minus

i wonder wheer you heard that...NONE of the review sites say abything about it being noisy and this is a reference board, NOT what we will be buying...

Xbit article:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/nv40.html

Ignoring the 3DMark score because the whole concept of synthetic benchmarks is stupid, it performs pretty well. The biggest difference being when pumped up to 1600 x 1200 with AA and AF on. That's where you really get the use out of the card. Drivers are a bit messed at the moment, check out the screenshot of Far Cry; it's messed.

Here's a HL2 benchmark to see what era we're getting into :devil: :

Wonders hows that going to run on my system which scores 3k 3dmark03 points.

i need one of these fockers...

I am seriously considering maybe trying to sell my current card which is a Asus 5900 Ultra 256 (9 months old, still have box and all game disks which of course I will include if anyone is interested) and getting one of these bad boys when they come out.

Take a look at toms hardwares review of the card, The actual review is HUGE, and the card is absolutely awesome, im looking forward to seeing ATI's competition too :)

I read the whole Tom's review and my heart just sunk...I don't have any pride in my 9700P anymore :huh:

This is an amazing achievement though, first time I ever remember seeing a new generation increasing performance so much.

im in the same boat. Anandtech has some good head to head comparisions that will take the wind out of ur sails as well. but at least i know my next card purchase will be worth it. i think appreciable increase in video card performance comes every 2 years so the next card for me, likely 2005 will be the middle of the cycle so i will hold tight with my 9700pro until then. besides i never pay beyond 1024x768 anyway.