Neowin's Official NBA 2004 Playoffs Thread

what's your prediction for the first round?

mine's in red..

i rarely see any basketball related threads in here.. i hope i'm not the only basketball fan on neowin :/

Eastern:

Celtics VS Pacers - Pacers

Knicks VS Nets - Nets

Bucks VS Pistons - Pistons

Hornets VS Heat - Heat

Western:

Timberwolves VS Nuggets - Timberwolves

Lakers VS Rockets - Lakers

Spurs VS Grizzlies - Spurs

Kings VS Mavericks - Kings

Eastern:

Celtics VS Pacers - Celtics

Knicks VS Nets - Nets

Bucks VS Pistons - Bucks

Hornets VS Heat - Heat

Western:

Timberwolves VS Nuggets - T'Wolves Much love to Anthony, hes helped this team a lot, but i dont see them passing the first round, he is the Rookie of the Year though, look what he did for Denver, from a dead last team to a playoff team, i know it isnt a one man show, but hes helped them greatly.

Lakers VS Rockets - Lakers and i say this because of the momentum they have after a shot by Kobe that led them to overtime then the game winning 3 by Kobe to beat the Trailblazers, i think if all the drama is gone or doesnt come out as much, lakers beat Houston

Kings VS Mavericks - Mavs <-- upset match

Its that time again for the chase to that big basketball trophey.. ( :unsure: Wilt Chamberland I think...:ermm:)

lol i don't watch much basketball.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

First Round:

#1 Indiana Pacers vs. #8 Boston Celtics

#2 New Jersey Nets vs. #7 New York Knicks

#3 Detroit Pistons vs. #6 Milwaukee Bucks

#4 Miami Heat vs. #5 New Orleans Hornets

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

First Round:

#1 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #8 Denver Nuggets

#2 L.A. Lakers vs. #7 Houston Rockets

#3 San Antonio Spurs vs. #6 Memphis Grizzlies

#4 Sacramento Kings vs. #5 Dallas Mavericks

i wanted to pick the Celtics over the Pacers, but i have hope in them this year.

they have the best percentage in the entire league, but they never make it past the first round. why is that? i would be devestated to have played so great and not even make it past the first round.

i wanted to pick the Celtics over the Pacers, but i have hope in them this year.

they have the best percentage in the entire league, but they never make it past the first round. why is that? i would be devestated to have played so great and not even make it past the first round.

Yes, well, think of the timberwolves. Out in the first round 7 years in a row.

all i care about is the lakers losing.

im with toxikk on that

Lakers has enough championships..give other team a chance of winning one or becoming new dynasty like spurs.

The Rockets, I think, are one of the teams that can give the Lakers and run for it's money. Shaq and Yao play each other pretty even.

They split the season series and the games that the lakers did win were close games. If the Lakers do wind up winning, Houston will push

it to the full seven games.

Eastern:

Celtics VS Pacers - Pacers

Knicks VS Nets - Nets

Bucks VS Pistons - Bucks

Hornets VS Heat - Hornets

Western:

Timberwolves VS Nuggets - Timberwolves (Nuggets? hahahahaha)

Lakers VS Rockets - Rockets (YaoYaoYao!!!)

Kings VS Mavericks - Mavs

The Rockets, I think, are one of the teams that can give the Lakers and run for it's money. Shaq and Yao play each other pretty even.

They split the season series and the games that the lakers did win were close games. If the Lakers do wind up winning, Houston will push

it to the full seven games.

i'm considering to bet a lot of money on them, i've seen some of the housten and laker games.

you are not the only basketball fan on Neowin!! i am a die hard basketball fan, particularly the knicks, which before i give my predictions i need somewhere to get this off of my chest so why not here...

i just saw on sportscenter last night... allan houston has announced that he will not be playing in the first round against the nets due to his knee that has been bothering him and caused him not to play a game since march 18th i believe it was...i have always thought allan houston was a soft punk, but this really proves it to me and i cant stand him... to not play with an injury for your team that has not made the playoffs in over 3 years is just disgusting to me, i really hope this injury ends his career i truly do... do the knicks a favor and retire you soft ass punk!!! the truth is though the knicks are really no better off with him according to the stats sportscenter showed, so i really want to see him off the team...

okay with that off my chest, here are my predictions (with games included)

Eastern:

Celtics VS Pacers - Pacers (4-2)

Knicks VS Nets - Knicks (4-3)

Bucks VS Pistons - Pistons (4-1)

Hornets VS Heat - Hornets (4-2)

Western:

Timberwolves VS Nuggets - Timberwolves (4-1)

Lakers VS Rockets - Rockets (4-3) - I know it not realistic, but I HATE the Lakers and will be routing for whoever plays against them

Spurs VS Grizzlies - Spurs (4-0)

Kings VS Mavericks - Mavericks (4-3)

Saturday 4:30 in the Afternoon - Knicks vs Nets!!!!!!!

We need a thread that can last the entire playoffs not just the first round. :p

since i do agree with this statement, and since i missed this one originally, i am just copying my predictions from the other post and pasting them in here...

Eastern:

Celtics VS Pacers - Pacers (4-2)

Knicks VS Nets - Knicks (4-3)

Bucks VS Pistons - Pistons (4-1)

Hornets VS Heat - Hornets (4-2)

Western:

Timberwolves VS Nuggets - Timberwolves (4-1)

Lakers VS Rockets - Rockets (4-3) - I know it not realistic, but I HATE the Lakers and will be routing for whoever plays against them

Spurs VS Grizzlies - Spurs (4-0)

Kings VS Mavericks - Mavericks (4-3)