IE open new window behind current

I never use IE but I thought this is such a good idea I just had to try it and it works great. Unfortunately I'll most likely never use it but it's nice knowing I have this functionality anyway.

em_te,

I've been using your new window toolbar button on all my computers since you released it. I just have a request though. Will it be possible to have the new window created using the button appear behind the parent window instead of in the front? similar to how your present shell extension works i suppose...

would such a thing be possible?

great stuff man...

thanks!

em_te,

I've been using your new window toolbar button on all my computers since you released it. I just have a request though. Will it be possible to have the new window created using the button appear behind the parent window instead of in the front? similar to how your present shell extension works i suppose...

would such a thing be possible?

great stuff man...

thanks!

I've answered your question in the other thread.

em_te,

your new newwin.htm does not open behind the parent window. It still opens in front. any idea what's wrong?

thanks

Edited by ramian

em_te,

your new newwin.htm does not open behind the parent window. It still opens in front. any idea what's wrong?

thanks

Not sure what's wrong. Are you sure you replaced the old newwin.htm file? Try uninstalling it, unzip the installation files again, replace the old file there and then installing again.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Awan;

I registered just to say thanks for your nifty 'new window' extension. I'd been looking for something like that for weeks. I had earlier come across a registry extension that opens IE favorites in their own new windows with a R-click addition to the context menu,

-----------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"AllowWindowReuse"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut\shell\Open In New Window\command]

@="rundll32.exe shdocvw.dll,OpenURL %1"

-----------------------------------------

but I couldn't figure out how to get it to keep the new window in the background like you've done with your extension for links.

Nice job - Gil Theissen

• 1 year later...

em_te

Been using your new window behind app for more than a year and really loved it. Unfortunately - don't know why - but the new window has recently started stealing focus. Noticed the difference after a recent Windows Update and wondering if some new patch broke it. I've tried redownloading it, tried unistalling and reinstalling both the old and new versions, but it still refuses to open up behind the current window. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Gil Theissen

• 2 weeks later...

a few requests:

1) an uninstaller

2) some way to have the new window in the rear open with the same size as the current, instead of resized to near maximum.

3) some way to move it UP in the context menu to the location "Open Link in New Window"