MSN Messenger Down

couldn't log into .net service and got redirected to the website where there is a new update waiting to be downloaded.

I'll tell you the version in a second.

EDIT: false alarm. microsoft must be doing some work on the servers cause it logged me out of my msn and then prompted me with an update available. I downloaded and installed and it's still the same v6.1.0211

LOL :wacko:

i am seriously thinking about switching from MSN to another messenger service

MSN has been down so many times in the last 3 months than I care to remember, its just getting silly now

Yeah servers seem to be down, people are saying there rebooting the servers, but i dunno if thats right or not. I was in the middle of a conversation, poop.

From msn site:

ABCH

The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, you may not be able to update your contacts list. Please try again later.

Last Update: 4/16/2004 11:30:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

thats weird. I only use msn and havent had troubles connecting in months. of course im only online for like two hours aday and usually late in the evening... like 8-12.. somewhere in there.

should have knocked on wood. its down right now.

yep it is down..... i also tried to traceroute mesenger.msn.co.uk and it's times out part of the way.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT MSN IS DOWN EVERY FREAKEN TIME!!

It always comes back. Can't you just not hit the "NEW THREAD" Button and just wait it out. :s

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT MSN IS DOWN EVERY FREAKEN TIME!!

It always comes back. Can't you just not hit the "NEW THREAD" Button and just wait it out. :s

lmfao so freakin' true!

IMO there's no reason to discuss this. It will come back eventually Like it allllllllways does...

**cough** Lock **cough** :s

*sigh* here come the flood of threads yet again....

merged

LOL so true :wacko:

It's an opportunity to raise our postcounts. :rofl:

:angry: Dear God. The next person who makes a thread about MSN being down should be banned. At the very least any MSN threads should be deleted. I think a lot of us are more than sick of this.