rules of this site no racism, threatening, victimization or otherwise

To those who may feel that this post may be pointless or offensive, DON'T READ IT.

Needless to say this forum has a overwhelming number of intelligent people, yet I often see posts that are offensive and seldom do I see those who posts these offensive topics appoligize for their inconsiderableness to the rest of the community who may be offended.

The rules say not hateful posts, victimization, etc. and that's true to a certain extent. I can't use the words such as f***, s***, or other profanities, yet I can use words like << racial epithet >>, ******, and homo?

I am not person who takes up on people just because they use the wrong words at times, but on this forum, you're typing and you get to think before you type and click the post button. Why must topics be offensive to be entertaining and interesting? I have a sense of humor for those who already are rolling their eyes at this post, but there's a line between good humor and insulting ridicule.

I do not expect people to change their views simply on that fact that they might be offended, but do show respect when you are commenting on certain subjects especially the kind that are considered to be taboo. Thank you.

I can't use the words such as f***, s***, or other profanities, yet I can use words like << racial epithet >>, ******, and homo?

Very good point. I should be able to say **** and **** before << racial epithet >>, ****** (not so much home because its actual meaning), becuase **** and **** are just words but << racial epithet >> and ****** are insults....

I think the word censor is only secondary to the fact that people should be respectful enough to not use such offensive language in the first place. Blocking all forms of offensive language would take forever, and can be easily circumvented if someone really wants to use those words.

If you think a post is in breach of the forum rules then report that post to a moderator.

People sometimes just like to say those words.

I have a black freind and He was like sup << racial epithet >> to a freind of his. Im like huh WHy you calling each other << racial epithet >>s. And he is like << racial epithet >> << racial epithet >> TO different things. But those two words even if there spelled different are insults and should be censored.

But if we are posting we should use our better judgement. but I think moderators let us get away with a lot of things. My self Included. Maybe if moderators were more strict. By not just locking topics but repormanding those who violated to tos.

Originally posted by Mike11212

Maybe if moderators were more strict. By not just locking topics but repormanding those who violated to tos.

We can't catch everything.

Like PabUK said, if you see something that offends you, use the "report this post to a moderator" feature, and we'll take care of it.

Every single offensive word cannot be censored. It is up to you guys to think of how using these words may offend some people. I have personally never seen these words used on the forum, but as has been said, if you report the posts they will be edited and a PM will be sent to the member.