[Security] Rumor of Internet 'Super' Exploit

Rumor of Internet 'Super' Exploit

By Larry Seltzer

April 18, 2004 

An unconfirmed report from the Internet Storm Center at The SANS Institute indicates the possibility of exploits circulating that target the vulnerabilities patched just last week by Microsoft Corp.

The report, titled "Possible combined exploits of MS vulnerabilities," says that there is no general outbreak but that the group is hearing rumors of "super" exploits that "may target several of the vulnerabilities announced by Microsoft on Tuesday."

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1569852,00.asp

it's not "rumor", it's a fact.

it's not just Microsoft's exploit, but from what have been posted, all hardware tcp/ip implementations are vulnerable. specificly BGP protocol will be most affected one.

omg it's SUPER exploits!11 run fer ure lives!!11 :o

mushroom mushroom :laugh:

I'm running and unpluggin' all my stuff and living in a box

it's not just Microsoft's exploit, but from what have been posted, all hardware tcp/ip implementations are vulnerable. specificly BGP protocol will be most affected one.

lier!! linux is nevar vulnerable!

There will always be those who downplay it.

OpenBSD is not affected:

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:57:12 -0600

[snip]

In the OpenBSD case, this is something not to worry about. For what

they discuss, OpenBSD handles this extremely well.

We'll explain more in a week or so.

sometimes i hate people that release such information to the public, they should just hold bill get ransom untill someone pay em for the information

hey at least your have been alerted ahead of time instead of after the fact. ;) unless some of you prefer to fix your systems after they have been intercepted.

Some people are never satisfied. one minute they fuss about Microsoft is not issuing patches as soon as a flaw is found, and some say not enough warning when they become aware of the flaw. But open your eyes and read. Microsoft, Computer Magazine news sites, SANS, CERT, or the new Homeland always does it's best to alert you before these exploits become a serious problem. So I think you should be thankful instead of complaining.

Yes it is.

Its only as secure as the admin/user has configured it.

If the spelling mistakes weren't a dead giveaway, I was being sarcastic :pinch:

time to stick my pc in the fridge.. that way nobody can get it... whoopdie doo. I have yet to get affected by any exploit....super or not.