Dell 2001FP

whoa anyways I've been having this weird occurance and I want to know if anyone else has or heard of it happening

ok heres what happens, while browsing using IE and switching windows or even scrolling my monitor will just go black for a quick second, this has been happening recently and I can't think of anything it can be, so anyone else have any ideas?

I just ordered a 2001fp today for 599. Not too bad I guess. I just hope I don't like it better then my samsung, seeing as how its a gift for my brother, heh.

Return that pos, I wish dell would work harder on quality control. It seems really unusual to ship lcds with the possibility of awful backlights, let alone the chance of dead pixels.

well i hear its very common in this WS model :| ..a new one is being sent out.. now watch this one had no dead pixels... but the new one will have no backlight problem and like 30 dead pixels with my luck :(

wooo hooo i ordered one last night for $600 with free shipping! but the estimated ship date is december 22nd d'oh! :pinch: i guess i will have to look forward to an after xmas gift.

i ended up buying 3, bought 2 at once on ebay then the 3rd was a steal so i had to get it, and i didnt get any dead pixels, so i would say you have a good chance of having a perfec tmonitor.

Yep, I've just been reading through the entire thread. Most seem to have flawless screens, so hopefully I'll have the same luck as with the 17" LCD I'm on now (not Dell).

*crosses fingers* :)

Well, my monitor seems to have been cleared at customs, expecting it anyday now (hopefully). Will posts pics when I get it.

585142886[/snapback]

I am jealous of you. Ill be lucky to get a 1703FP.

I REALLY want to buy this monitor... but in Canada right now not exactly an offer... anyone here work for dell that knows when an offer will be on the site or if they can offer one?

I skipped the 10% off intentially in hopes to get a better deal, which I am sure I can/will get, it's unfortunately a question of WHEN :(

If anyone can help me out, great!

AND it is 25% off a new lower price.  They dropped the price 50$ on January 6th.

585249619[/snapback]

:blink: Well it WAS 50$ off. This is strange. I swear yesterday the price was $749.00, not $799.00.

would there be any way to get a component xbox hooked up to one of these?

would it have any problem displaying HD content?

i kinda need something that doubles as a TV, but the TV/Monitors have a really low res.