i see strange objects

that is one well done website. LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS!

I swear I see clip art.

If I were the fighting box-seeing dude, I would probably not chose to trust something that looks like it was created by an uneducated lunatic.

Yeah the site sucks, but the infor is accurate. It was just the first hit after I Googled. It is real though.

Armeck...

Cmon...it is just another one of those "conspiracy theory" or related sites...there is no scientific evidence in there...

Don't judge a book by it's cover - just because a site isn't well presented doesn't mean it isn't genuine (not that I'm saying that particular one is, I haven't a clue). Look at most British schools/college sites for instance. They are horrendous, but the content is real enough!

Armeck...

Cmon...it is just another one of those "conspiracy theory" or related sites...there is no scientific evidence in there...

Seriously. It is a true sleep dysfunction. Not everyone will see a succubus or whatever (that's the first I heard of that) but it is a altered state of consciousness almost like a self induced hypnotic state in which your mind is half-dreaming (the weird ****) and half conscious (being aware of your room). I learned about it during my graduate Psychology courses when studying dream states.

Seriously. It is a true sleep dysfunction. Not everyone will see a succubus or whatever (that's the first I heard of that) but it is a altered state of consciousness almost like a self induced hypnotic state in which your mind is half-dreaming (the weird ****) and half conscious (being aware of your room). I learned about it during my graduate Psychology courses when studying dream states.

alright. well said. I can accept that.

Wow, that?s crazy; I use to get that as a child too. Although I have not experienced those types of dreams in a long time, a few months ago I had that dream. However, this time I was only paralyzed and partially awake. I felt as though I was conscious but I could not move my body.

I would tell my friends about these dreams to see if they had similar experiences but they would just say that was a weird dream. I feel better now that I know that I?m not the only person who had those types of dreams.

I?ve also noticed that when these dreams do occur, is when I?ve been under a lot of stress or I have a lot on my mind.

This is true.

One guy I know has trouble with checkerboard floors.

LOL!

Ahh...LSD is such a powerful drug...

EDIT : Somewhat on topic :

Sometimes I feel like I wake up a little bit after falling asleep and I am hovering about 1" above my bed. It feels like my bed is really really big (like 20' across) and I start binging around on the bed like a pinball...except it doesn't hurt, it just feels like I am moving really really fast without really going anywhere...

The mind is a very deep and complicated device!

I do sort of know what you are talking about. When i was about 8 i started having these visions. I don't want to call them visions, but that's the closest thing that i use to describe it. It was like seeing something, but only in your mind. Closing your eyes wouldn't make what you were seeing go away. Anyways, they would always happen at night while i was in the bed. I would wake up and see them and then fall back asleep.

The closest thing that resembled what i would see is a white pinball table. A heavenly/ghostly white. But I wasn't looking at it from above, like most pinball tables, it was from more of a perspective of how the ball would see. As if i was standing on the surface. Then a white ball would come rolling down this white surface and either go straight, to the left, or to the right. No matter where the ball went, it was like an emotional drain. A painful sort of thing. It's really hard to describe but it was so emotionally painful that many times i would actually start crying, and end up going back to sleep, barely remembering that anything happened. There was no physical effects of these visions, just emotional. But let me emphasis that what i was seeing was NOT a pinball table. It's just he easiest thing to compare it to. There were barricades, almost like bumpers to the left and right that the ball would go beside, if it went to the left or right.

They stopped, thank goodness, after a year or two. They were not fun. I hope i havn't freaked any more people out.

There are a lot of really good books on the theory of dreaming which have a lot to say about 'why' we all have really wierd dreams.

There are a lot of wacky ideas out there, but there are a lot of things which really explain why our brains are forcing such vivid imagery at us.

This is a very interesting thread!

alright. well said. I can accept that.

Exactly correct.

Psychology has a long way to go before it can be considered a real 'science', but there are a lot of good ideas and theories.

LOL!

Ahh...LSD is such a powerful drug...

EDIT : Somewhat on topic :

Sometimes I feel like I wake up a little bit after falling asleep and I am hovering about 1" above my bed. It feels like my bed is really really big (like 20' across) and I start binging around on the bed like a pinball...except it doesn't hurt, it just feels like I am moving really really fast without really going anywhere...

The mind is a very deep and complicated device!

lol - drug use is different than dreaming...

:blink:

Exactly correct.

Psychology has a long way to go before it can be considered a real 'science', but there are a lot of good ideas and theories.

To think that Psychology is not a real science tells me that you do not know enough about the subject to comment on it.

To think that Psychology is not a real science tells me that you do not know enough about the subject to comment on it.

but can a psychological outcome be proven?

He's not suggesting that it isn't real. He's saying that it's still not everything in psychology is vividly provable, to which I somewhat agree.

EDIT:

@BOOGMASTERDAN: Not everything, but there has been great progress with that, I took psychology in college last year, it was actually surprising how much of the stuff can be proven to an extent.

He's not suggesting that it isn't real. He's saying that it's still not everything in psychology is vividly provable, to which I somewhat agree.

EDIT:

@BOOGMASTERDAN: Not everything, but there has been great progress with that, I took psychology in college last year, it was actually surprising how much of the stuff can be proven to an extent.

okay - thanks :)

but HOW can you prove psychic outcome? If indeed it can be proven by other means, then what would be the need for the psychologist?

just curious! :p

Sure, whatever...

I took psychology up to my third year in college...

That is when I changed majors...

If I would try to take concrete ideas from a hard science and try to work with them using the framework that exists for psychology...I would get nowhere fast...and my results wouldn't be worth much...hmm, that didn't come out as clearly as I would hope, but I think you get my drift.

EDIT : yes, a 'hard science'...I should have made the distinction. psychology uses the scientific method, but a jumbled collection of theories do not a science make...

Two different topics in the same post...sorry about that...

just playin :woot:

Garrett - why again did you back out of a psychology major? IN reference to the topic at hand - from your perspective, can it be scientifically proven to be real?