iTunes 4.5 and iPod Firmware Update Out!

OMG TIM a new Firmware for my 2nd Generation iPod YES!!!!

Sweet :woot:

Any news on gapless support? I can't update right now, I have my ipod but no firewire :(

nice! thanks for the notice. a new reason not to study for my test in the morning... :)

Haha, that's exactly the same case for me :D

Yet ANOTHER lossless format...

JOY.

or not.

edit : Does this version have enque? I've been holding off installing tihs on my pc until the miniPod arrives in europe, but if it now has enque...

Yet ANOTHER lossless format...

JOY.

or not.

We don't even know what format it is. Let's see what it is and then draw conclusions.

New things:

-Party Shuffle

-Save Store Previews in a Playlist (!!!!)

-Print out jewel cases and album lists

-5 computers can play your mustic now (!!!!)

-Play those WMA's on the iPod, as well

-Links to iTMS in your normal library to find more tracks

Apple added HyperThreading Support to their MP3 Encoder.

Importing --> Import Using --> MP3 Encoder --> Details:

Hightest Quality:

"96 kbps (mono) / 192kbps (stereo), normal stereo, optimized for MMX/SSE, using Hyper-Threading Technology."

We don't even know what format it is. Let's see what it is and then draw conclusions.

I assume its Apple lossless as of...

Apple Lossless. Use the new lossless encoder to import music from CDs and achieve sound quality indistinguishable from the original, at about half the original file size. Plays in iTunes and on iPod.

Are there tools to decrypt protected WMAs? If so, decrypt, then import into iTunes.

Party Shuffle's actually pretty damn cool. It's like random, but you can skip things as they come up.

Disclaimer on WMA:

Keep It All in iTunes

If you?re excited about using iTunes, but have already have a music collection built up in other programs, you?re in luck. iTunes can import music from Windows Media Player, MusicMatch any other app that uses MP3, AAC or WMA (unprotected).  iTunes 4.5 will now convert files digitized by Windows Media Player in unprotected format to AAC, so you can use them in iTunes or on iPod. When you import your MusicMatch library or other MP3 collection, you can choose to let iTunes make a copy of the library, or point to the old files. If you want to gather up all your music later, iTunes lets you consolidate your library anytime.

You have to import them, and then convert them to AAC to get them on your iPod. Man apple is beating around the bush. Just give us WMA support on the iPod ppppppppleeeeeeeease:/. :/

Convert to the lossless format then :p

Edit: The quicktime trailer site is integrated now! Awesome!

I have 2nd Generation iPod i don't get loseless support. I get AAC and MP3.