Firefox .8

all i have to say: screw Opera, FF is way better........and yes someone seems little angry......in fact if i have to make a choice between opera and IE, i choose IE.......and yes i try opera and i really dont like it!

i have quote myself and where in the hell i said that IE was better than opera?? i just say if i have to choose between these 2 lame browsers (opera and IE) i will choose IE, and no i dont want to share what i dont like it......well in the other hand i will start with the name, i hate it.........what else? lot more but not in the mood to talk about it if u like it good for u.......me just like FF.......

edit

just remember other thing

ADD BANNER!!!!

cab continue but this is dead for me, u like? good for u, me? just like FF

Daeron Tin?viel: you scare me, *scribbles the following on a sticky note*

Neowinian's not to discuss rationally with:

1. Daeron Tin?viel

I believe it's called Opera in order to try an appeal to an older audience who could perhaps make use of some of it's excellent accessibility features.

in fact if i have to make a choice between opera and IE, i choose IE

thereby you are stating that IE is better.

What are the two icons beside the min. max/restore, close icons ?

A window skinning program called window blinds put them there

They probably roll up the window or pin it or somthing else

Daeron Tin?viel: you scare me, *scribbles the following on a sticky note*

Neowinian's not to discuss rationally with:

1. Daeron Tin?viel

I believe it's called Opera in order to try an appeal to an older audience who could perhaps make use of some of it's excellent accessibility features.

thereby you are stating that IE is better.

here we go again you troll.....i didnt say IE was better i just say that if i have to make a choice between those 2 crappy browsers i will choose IE

older audience?? you are not even 20 years old, so dont give that crap.....browsers are about choices and my choice is FF cause i dont like IE or that damn thing OPERA, if u like well like i said good for you but i dont and FF its way far better than opera, i've use both and FF its my freakin choice

u have a choice a damn banner or 29.99 for removing the banner.........FF free, no banner no pop ups, tabs and the list goes on.....

opera damn crap

woh reading this page make me think if this thread became a hell home?

i being a bit himpicredical

(of couse ie suck and opera is better because it goes by w3c but opera gnu needs fixing up.... i dont wana be so himpicredical)

just to let u know: (btw too lazy to write myself so i just copy/paste and why i have to argument something that is already done?? )

Anyone using Opera and discussing the shortcomings of CSS, JavaScript and XHTML implementations in various browsers would be complaining about IE, not Firefox. It's true that Opera handles some cutting-edge stuff better, but it's really of no consequence in the real world just yet - for the most part Firefox and Opera are identical where IE is different.

Opera isnt necessarily "ahead" of Mozilla, but it depends how you define "standards compliance". If you look on CSS Destroy, you'll see some CSS3 features that are implemented in Opera that are not yet in Mozilla, and equally there are probably things in Mozilla that Opera does not do correctly or at all... I think overall that Mozilla is more "compliant" and sticks to the spec more rigidly, whereas Opera features a few extras and is possibly not so strict.

Opacity is one example I can give of Opera being "ahead", since that is only recognised in Mozilla as of the nightlies (thus will be in 0.9/1.7), but is already present in Opera. Like I said though, most of these issues mean nothing yet in the real world. Debating who is better over CSS3 conformity is silly in any case.

woh reading this page make me think if this thread became a hell home?

i being a bit himpicredical

(of couse ie suck and opera is better because it goes by w3c but opera gnu needs fixing up.... i dont wana be so himpicredical)

yeah IE sucks!!!! butr opera GUI sucks even more!!! :D the only ones that like that lame gui are......opera users??? LOL :rofl:

Mr Mialo: yes, but people like you are insane, *.mht is a proprietry format, supported only by IE, and wont' be portable to any system in the foreseeable future (unless you like keeping old boxen in your basement), on the other hand, the humble folder and file system isn't going anywhere for a while
It doesn't have save to *.mht format or anything similar.

You seem to forget that I said "or anything similar", meaning they could create there own standard. This could possibly be adopted by other opensource browsers.

:sleep: Goodnight, it's getting late in Australia.

I use Firefox and IE at the same time. I am not ready to push IE away and stay with Firefox exclusively. Some sites aren't compatible with Firefox, so IE is still the way to go. Just cuz sites are wrong don't mean I have to knock on their door and ask them to be compatible with Firefox.

NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE!

Not all sites are compatible with Firefox, not Firefox is not compatible with all sites!

The W3C and other organizations put out strict standards to websites that Internet Explorer does not follow. IE may be the most popular, but it is NOT the standard! Therefore, it is the website creator's fault that his or her website does not work with Firefox!

totally agree. btw fine article.

Not all sites are compatible with Firefox, not Firefox is not compatible with all sites!

The W3C and other organizations put out strict standards to websites that Internet Explorer does not follow. IE may be the most popular, but it is NOT the standard! Therefore, it is the website creator's fault that his or her website does not work with Firefox!

agree

btw

i hate opera LOL

The following post was languishing in the Site and Forum Issues in a thread complaining about FireFox evangelism that are spamming threads about MSIE. Since it took so long to type and since probably nobody read it in S&FI, I'm going to reproduce it here for your reading enjoyment.

------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen a new religion and its name is Mozilla. All hail to Mozilla.

And on the first day, former Netscape employees said "Let there be a browser called Firebird". And it wasn't good because some lame open-source database had already taken that name.

So on the next day, former Netscape employees said "Let it instead be referred to as FireFox". And it was good.

And on the third day, former Netscape employees said "Let there be an email client and we will call it Thunderbird". And it too was good.

And on the fourth day, former Netscape employees said "That really doesn't fit anymore. Shouldn't we call it ThunderFox?". And yet this wasn't good.

And on the fifth day, former Netscape employees said "Well, we'll give it a new logo that looks more like FireFox". And again, it was good.

And on the sixth day, former Netscape employees sent hypnotic messages out to their users that said "Thou shalt extole the virtues of Firebird, er, ah, Firefox to all those who would not believe. Let them not worship false gods in the name of Microsoft or Opera". And it was good.

And on the seventh day, former Netsacpe employees said "Screw this, we can't manage 15% even on a tech site like Neowin".

I am a happy firefox user.. tho i did download the new beta release of Opera, and it looks pretty good. except for the banner ad.

i believe those buttons on the title bar are from Ultramon for dual monitors..

YOU ARE ALL COMPLETE MORONS!!

How in the WORLD can you possibly advocate "choice" and "freedom to choose your software" and then turn around and do things like this. What the bloody hell is wrong with you people? SO WHAT IF ONE BROWSER IS 'BETTER' THAN ANOTHER! Why do you care? It is MY computer, I'll put WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT ON IT. If I want to use Opera, Splendid, if I want to use IE, fine, if I want to use FireFox, Great, what about Netscape, or Ghaleon, or the plethora of other browsers out there. WE CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER THE HELL WE WANT!

Daeron Tin?viel, you are the absolute most biased, arrogant, and self-centered poster I've seen since I joined Neowin. It is absolutely in no way any of your business what peopel do with their browsers, and you've NO right to go and label people 'trolls' because they have an opinion. IF YOU ARE GOING TO STATE YOUR OPINION, THEN BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT OTHERS!!!!!

Look. Neowin looks fine in Opera. Neowin looks fine in FireFox. Neowin looks fine in Internet Explorer. Neowin Looks fine in Netscape Navigator. Neowin looks fine in Ghaleon. Neowin looks fine in Konquerer. Neowin looks fine in MyIE2. Neowin looks fine in MY OWN DAMN CUSTOM MADE BROWSER THAT I MADE FROM A CRAPPY C# PLUG IN!

IT IS A BROWSER PEOPLE! You are acting like your browser choice determines half of what you do with your life!! DO YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!?

First, to make a quick mention:

And on the first day, former Netscape employees said "Let there be a browser called Firebird". And it wasn't good because some lame open-source database had already taken that name.

Believe it or not, it was called Phoenix first, but that was in use by the BIOS company who had recently added a web browser. Then they switched to Firebird, and then Firefox. (I've been a Firefox user since Phoenix 0.1, when it had an ugly-as-hell theme and couldn't do much.)

Secondly, to the Opera fans, I don't like Opera much. Firefox is a nice and speedy, small web browser, Opera has too much stuff crammed into it, like an email client, etc. It would compare better to the Mozilla suite, and both are too bloated for my liking.

I also don't like the advertising, though last time I tried (about two weeks ago) they wonderfully gave you the option of using Google text ads.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO STATE YOUR OPINION, THEN BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT OTHERS!!!!
why dont you apply that to yourself???

have u read where i said: browsers is about choice, if u like opera good for you, me i like FF!!! and i just dont like, hate (call it whatever u want) opera, so dont be so........? sorry but i dont speak english so cant really say what comes to my mind.......you like opera? fine, like FF? fine, like IE? oh God!!! i wasnt the first here telling people that opera is better than ''X'' browser so u have your opinion good for you i have mine and me i just like FF

to the Opera fans, I don't like Opera much. Firefox is a nice and speedy, small web browser, Opera has too much stuff crammed into it, like an email client, etc. It would compare better to the Mozilla suite, and both are too bloated for my liking.

I also don't like the advertising

agree :devil:

Believe it or not, it was called Phoenix first, but that was in use by the BIOS company who had recently added a web browser. Then they switched to Firebird, and then Firefox. (I've been a Firefox user since Phoenix 0.1, when it had an ugly-as-hell theme and couldn't do much.)

It was intended as a comedic post. The timeline was not meant to be accurate. I didn't want to lose people in the details. A more obvious "error" was that Thunderbird existed before Firebird was renamed to Firefox but I didn't want to kill the flow. Besides, reality is over-rated.

well, i used to be quite a fan of firefox .8, but because of some compatability problems as mentioned with some sites i decided to try something like Avant browser. It's a shame because firefox was pretty solid in my book. :yes:

What are the two icons beside the min. max/restore, close icons ?

Its from UltraMon ... a multi-monitor applications the left one stretches it over both monitors while the one next to it, moves it to the other monitor

Damn son, spell check and grammar! What's a security "whole"? It's painful to read! If you would have concentrated on the basics of good writing instead of trying to be funny it would have made for a much better review...I tried to read it all the way through but the style just made my eyes roll after a few sentences.

yeah IE sucks!!!! butr opera GUI sucks even more!!!  the only ones that like that lame gui are......opera users??? LOL

Haha, if you really want it, there's IE skins for opera, and more likely than not.. firefox skins too :-/

That'll fix some of your GUI woes:DD

yeah go to sleep and stay in bed
haha, Agreed!
MY OWN DAMN CUSTOM MADE BROWSER THAT I MADE FROM A CRAPPY C# PLUG IN!

That would be the internet explorer control, not to mention that MyIE2 uses the same engine as IE, so it's pointless comparing them.

WyllyWylly: I already said that, please read everyone elses posts, before responding:DD

Candy:cake::

Come on:hug:: and make up.:DD

Lukian:hug::'s Daeron Tin?viel and notes that he may use mozilla in futur:):)