Firefox .8

Secondly, to the Opera fans, I don't like Opera much. Firefox is a nice and speedy, small web browser, Opera has too much stuff crammed into it, like an email client, etc. It would compare better to the Mozilla suite, and both are too bloated for my liking.

I also don't like the advertising, though last time I tried (about two weeks ago) they wonderfully gave you the option of using Google text ads.

Well all that extra stuff comes in less than 4 megabytes of download, so why not just download it? To use it or not entirely remains to be your option. I use Opera, but not it's Email clients, and barely use it's chat client either, but why not just keep it if it all comes in less than 4 megs? Opera, in my opinion, is a lot more smoother and convenient to use than FireFox. Keep in mind I used FireFox for a long while and it just feels rough to use, for me atleast. Opera does have ads(obviously because it's not free), but I don't mind the unintrusive google ads it gives in exchange of the innovative features and functions along with a *highly* customizable interface.

I love all browsers, but I currently use FF because I forced myself to (all web browser links point to FF). I would use opera, but I don't like the ad, and there are comparable browsers out there for free. Its still a great product. I don't like FF's 'slowness', espically on my ancient computer. I don't like IE's problems with pages and stuff. TO me, they all have bad points, but they all are very lovely :p

• 5 weeks later...

According to echoecho.com:

75% MSIE6 75%

20% MSIE5 20%

01% MOZILLA 01%

01% NS COMP. 01%

<1% OPERA <1%

Still, I'm a proud firefox user... Just today I found out you can alt+click a link to download it (such as an image). :woot:

Skinning a fox really isn't that different to skinning a cat..

i'm sorry that i'm quoting something from 6 pages back, but that is one of the few most disgusting things i have ever seen in my entire life. why'd you have to post that? i feel like throwing up now. :x

good review btw :)

just to let u know: (btw too lazy to write myself so i just copy/paste and why i have to argument something that is already done?? )

Anyone using Opera and discussing the shortcomings of CSS, JavaScript and XHTML implementations in various browsers would be complaining about IE, not Firefox. It's true that Opera handles some cutting-edge stuff better, but it's really of no consequence in the real world just yet - for the most part Firefox and Opera are identical where IE is different.

Opera isnt necessarily "ahead" of Mozilla, but it depends how you define "standards compliance". If you look on CSS Destroy, you'll see some CSS3 features that are implemented in Opera that are not yet in Mozilla, and equally there are probably things in Mozilla that Opera does not do correctly or at all... I think overall that Mozilla is more "compliant" and sticks to the spec more rigidly, whereas Opera features a few extras and is possibly not so strict.

Opacity is one example I can give of Opera being "ahead", since that is only recognised in Mozilla as of the nightlies (thus will be in 0.9/1.7), but is already present in Opera. Like I said though, most of these issues mean nothing yet in the real world. Debating who is better over CSS3 conformity is silly in any case.

LOL you are just begging to be flamed, you know that. When you state you dont like Opera because of it's name, you lose 99% of your credibility.

Firefox and Opera are not at all identical , perhaps only different from IE in the regard that IE is totalyl unsecure.

Then you go off on a tangent concerning which does what better, Mozilla or Opera. Personally Firefox and Opera are both better then IE hands down. But, thats alot due to the fact that MS doesnt code their own ****. They steal it. IE was coded by spyglass, not MS, thats why you see all the integrated applciations in Windows have competition that simply blows it away, in every area, from browser, to firewall, to defrag utilities and upwards.

Microsoft does not mean quality. People use IE because it comes with windows, and for the most part the average person doesn't know what makes their computer function at all. OIr people use AOL's browser simply because it comes with their software.

Personally I dont care what you call the browser, if it works it works, and I can always rename it later.

---- And d.thornton

Its not about what looks good where.. its about are we safe browsing the internet? Is our hardware our operating system vulnerable to attack by viruses, or hackers, exploits, adware, browser hijacking...

So, you see its not enough for a webpage to display "proper" but safely as well as fast, and pretty. If this were just about looks, the discussion never would have been started in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...