S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl

where is the 14min video to drool at ? :p We've already seen a lot of screens...

sign up at gamespot for a free basic account, then you can watch the video stream of it. Look for the movie with the title about e3 and 2004, here

THQ threw an E3 party.

JustGamers (A German Website) videotaped parts of the event, namely footage of "Dawn Of War" and "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.". They posted the video, though only the second half involves S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Find it here.

Also, did you think that Tom's Hardware Guide was only for hardware? They previewed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. see the article here.

GGmania.com is starting to get the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fever, too.

Here they post a preview of the Dx9 engine.

---------------

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl will provide lots of benefits in particular for users with high-end graphics cards. Although we are implementing a high-quality DirectX 8 renderer in the game, we have invested even more time and effort into accomplishing an amazing number of features supported by the latest generation of graphics hardware using DirectX 9. Using the range of latest accomplishments in the field of graphics, this has enabled us to implement even more realistic and immersive environments, while at the same time achieving new levels of graphical in FPS games and indeed games in general.

Here's a brief overview of the key features the user will receive with the use of DirectX 9 class graphics hardware:

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is capable of more than 2 million fully bump-mapped polygons representing each frame and true per-pixel complex light-material interaction, giving an immensely realistic image on the screen.

2.The use of "high precision" on up-to-date hardware allows us to base the engine fully on HDR (High Dynamic Range) lighting, and therefore increase the visual quality by addressing unnatural over-bright or over-dark visuals found in traditional-approach renderers.

3.Natural render of complex materials with proper light interaction, such as rusted metal, natural flora, glass, realistic skin, etc. In addition, every pixel (not texel) here can have it's own material with several coefficients.

4.We have designed a dedicated renderer for DX9 class hardware with fully real-time dynamic lighting, soft, physically correct shadows cast from every object onto every other object, true per-pixel lighting, physical umbra/penumbra computations, hundreds of lights per frame in real-time.

5.Frame buffer post-processing and Photoshop-like effects (complex filters) push it even higher up the cinematic quality ladder.

Just wanted to let you know Chode, that since you have been so supportive of this game, while I was watching Tech TV Last Night, I guess I caught the tail end of some E3 Special Show, and the Final Trailer they showed was for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ... I then actually wondered to myself "I wonder if Chode has seen this trailer." :huh: :D This truly proves you have shown your support and interest of this game on these here forums quite well indeed (Y)

So back to the trailer in case you did not see it yet, it was basically the trailer that has been out for awhile, with about an additional minute and a half of new footage that I had personally never seen before, hence why i am thinking it was a new trailer. That new footage definitely left me eagerly awaiting this game even more, and it all looked so damn impressive on the TV Screen as well.

And since you are the resident S.T.A.L.K.E.R. expert, I am wondering your opinion on one thing I noticed the 1st time I saw the trailer and did not make much of it, but then seeing the same scene again the 2nd time around last night, it really stood out to me...

The scene with the rabid dogs/wolves (whatever they are), when the camera is far away from them, the animation of them running looks awkward and not very realistic at all... and close up shots of the same animals (i know the one scene you toss a grenade at them) running looked slightly better, but overall the animal's movements look rather robotic in nature to me?? the best example I can make is that hey almost like they are on a merry go round just bouncing up and down with the legs moving whenever, instead of actually running in strides... I just couldn't help but notice this particular animation of the animals running, especially from the far away camera angles, especially when you compare that animation to everything else which just looks sooooo kick ass.

So I am wondering, do you Agree or Disagree with this particular observation? :

Oh noes...

You downloaded the video that Fileplanet have labelled "e3 2004 trailer". About 113megs large.

Fileplanet have messed up (check the file date). This trailer was released early last month, and has nothing to do with E3

sorry.

,May 12 2004, 19:13] Im not new since I dont like to be in any game's hype, thats why I am one of the few who still are waiting for hl2 without getting angry :)

Ditto.

Also: I thought I read a while back that HL2's major scalability was pulled back.. now it will require better PC's, but will still be somewhat scalable. In fact, I'm positive of it... unfortunately :(

Ditto.

Also: I thought I read a while back that HL2's major scalability was pulled back.. now it will require better PC's, but will still be somewhat scalable. In fact, I'm positive of it... unfortunately :(

The minimum requirements were increased to a 1 GHz cpu with a DX7 class card from an 866 MHz cpu and DX6 class card. Not really anything to fret over.

The minimum requirements were increased to a 1 GHz cpu with a DX7 class card from an 866 MHz cpu and DX6 class card. Not really anything to fret over.

am I wrong in assuming that a Dx6 class card was the TNT2 era?