Logitech DiNovo

• 3 weeks later...

goddamn, i'm about to kill myself.

it's the second dinovo i bought. first one died because of the hub.

this new one, since first day, has NEVER had the blue light on the hub... BUT it 'synchs' any device perfectly, and shows the FBLOCK and CAPSLOCK leds perfectly...

is this bad?

this new one, since first day, has NEVER had the blue light on the hub... BUT it 'synchs' any device perfectly, and shows the FBLOCK and CAPSLOCK leds perfectly...

is this bad?

Well. The keyboard is perfect. :)

One fun thing, that i've noticed right now: after seen a lot of Dazzla pics, I look at the properties of one of them at this thread, and thought there are all pics that he shots and posting to neowin.

screen. lol. :laugh:

daz5nv.jpg

nice one, Dazzla :p :p

the dinovo is a very nice kb / mouse combi i have one)

shame dazla sold up, he had an impressive setup, and now h ha ssoem lame dell laptop or soemthing.

What is the difference between the original, v1 and the new v2 ????

I cant find any site which lists the differences

586101782[/snapback]

I think the original an v1 are the one and the same, and they are BT 1.1 where as v2 is BT 1.2. That's what I have dig up on google anyhow.

I just got the keyboard set today and I am loving it. I am glad my one friend got it so I was able to try it out. I really do enjoy how small and lightweight it is, and the laptop style keys. I am used to the mouse as I had an MX900 already hooked up, too bad I couldn't just buy the keyboard and media pad brand new seperate, oh well. I can use the mouse on my media center pc once I get it upgraded. :)

anyone know of the newer Logitech diNovo Cordless Optical Combo supports the mx1000? i don't wanna have 2 usb receivers for my keyboard and mouse...

anyone know of the newer Logitech diNovo Cordless Optical Combo supports the mx1000?  i don't wanna have 2 usb receivers for my keyboard and mouse...

586139533[/snapback]

I am in the same situation, couldnt find one, so i stick with my mx900 for now.

^^ Doesn't the Dinovo have an RF mode?

I remember someone talking about it.

If it doesn't than a simple solution would be to buy a bluetooth USB key ($15CAN @ Yellow Light District)

Hello everyone!

First post here!

I want the Dinovo not only because it is beautiful but also beacuse I am planning to use in other (living) room than the one where the computer is, with my new LCD-TV. The distance is less than the 10m (5 directly maybe), but there is a thin wall in between and it makes all the difference...

Furthermore I would like to use it to connect to my Logitech BT Headset for a range of around 8m with the same wall in between....

I can do this with a Belkin class 2 (10m) dongle but only with good quality until direct +-4-5m....

As I do not want to buy a class 1 dongle (100m) just for the headset I would like to know how good/powerful is the hub in this set, and if it can work with my setup or not...

Anyone tried similiar setup?

Look forward to hear from you owners of such a beauty! Thank you for your help,

Jorge

this new one, since first day, has NEVER had the blue light on the hub... BUT it 'synchs'  any device perfectly, and shows the FBLOCK and CAPSLOCK leds perfectly...

is this bad?

586059084[/snapback]

If you'd kill yourself over a non working desktop set, yes, I'd say it's bad :laugh: .

A few weeks ago the Bluetooth HUB on my Bluetooth MX set died, and Logitech sent me a replacement set... yes... SET.

Yesterday it came in and I was surprised to find the new diNovo set inside! It couldn't have been a mistake because tech support confirmed my set multiple times. I guess they wanted to keep me as a customer... and they sure won. From now on Logitech will be my first source for keyboards and mice.

Since I practically got this set for free (the other mouse and keyboard actually work and my dad is using them on his Bluetooth-enabled laptop), cost obviously wasn't an issue.

This desktop set is wonderful. Although it doesn't include all the various function buttons my old set did (then again, I never used 90% of the buttons), it includes the basic ones that I actually use. The keyboard is very thin and types wonderfully. It's similar to a laptop keyboard. It's also very VERY flat... about 1cm thin.

It's extremely stylish. It's very small compared to other keyboards, yet typing on it is comfortable. Although I don't think the MediaPad is such an OMG WONDERFUL device, it's pretty neat, and I have fun using its LCD screen to see who logs in on MSN Messenger.

It fully supports iTunes and various other media players, so it shows the track info on the LCD screen.

Logitech has always outdone themselves with their hardware, but the fact that I got this free replacement set with almost no questions asked proves to me their dedication to quality and to their customers... and any company who proves that is on my A+ list.

They can't use a single receiver. One is BT and the other is RF. MX1000 + DiNovo = 2 receivers...

586139567[/snapback]

i was referring to the newer dinovo that isn't bluetooth...would that receiver work with the mx1000?

Well, that's it's not striclty the newer DiNovo, it's a "Logitech? diNovo? Cordless Desktop? for Notebooks" as opposed to "Logitech? diNovo? Media Desktop 2.0" and unfortunately I have no idea if the RF DiNovo works with the MX1000.

mine just got delivered today, and ive got to say im pretty impressed

the mediapad makes a great remote control for MCE2005 even though its not quite ergonomically fit for such an application.

only letdown so far is the phone software that came with the vendor cd, i had no idea how crippled the bluetooth on my v710 actually was. all i can do is connect to the internet and use the computer as a headset, no syncing phonebooks or any of that jazz.

also, i agree that the mediapad lcd could use a backlight, oh well... its still totally worth the money

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I had a DiNovo set, but after the battery covers for the Mediapad and the Keyboard broke and the Mediapad itself died (which seems to be common by looking at the Logitech forums), I think I'm forced to give up this nice keyboard. Sad too, it only lasted in good condition for about a year. Perhaps I'll go back to the good old keyboards like the Model M (or in this case the ones made in the modern day by Unicomp since it's much cheaper than a "new" Model M without someone's germs and crud). Sure they're noisy, but at least they last longer than the sucky keyboards manufacturers make today. For $200 (how much I paid for my Dinovo since I got it when it first came out) you'd figure they'd make something that would last for more than a year. The keyboard and mouse still work, but who knows for how much longer.

Edited by kjordan2001

The dinovo is keybaord and media pad are definatly not built to take a lot of beating, but if you treat them gently, they canlast, and I dont mean how you type, i mean how you look after them, Mine are doing me fine, dont recall when i bought them but i bet its not much less than 12 months, they havent developed a single fault.