What OS is best for Games ?

Hi, I am wanting to start playing some of the latest games (+on line) and was wanting to know what the best OS is for it.

I have XP Pro as my primary OS but have set aside 70 gig for a new OS Partition.

Thanks in advance

with XP Pro, you're set, as far as i'm concerned

i would install the games to the seperately made partiotion, but thats just a personal preference, dont know if theres any real benefit aside from organisation and easier disk imaging of your everything-but-games data

I'd go for Win XP. Although some really old games can have some compatibilty issues (like one of the first releases of SimCity 3000 and Red Alert (1)).

But for the latest games (and that's what you asked for.... ;)); definitely Windows XP!!!!

Windows XP Pro, its the newest OS so therefore games are designed to work on it. If you're wanting to play old DOS games you might want to stick 98 on the other partition

Windows XP is definitely the way to go. Eventually, you can still play game in Linux, but it will take a long time to configure it. Not worth the troubles when you can jump in to play within minutes in Xp.

Windows XP, no doubt about it..home or pro there is no significant difference...only in the price ;-)

/me Waits for someone to say another stupid answer like mac-osx.

Linux, for gaming? and online? mate you might think your cool saynig 'linux' but it's the stupidest answer so far in this thread :rolleyes:

actually theis a big difference between xp pro and xp home the nextworking support is alot different and the capabilities as well, but as for games doesnt matter between the two

If your computer is 2GHz+ or 2000+ (AMD) with 256+ RAM, go XP, if it is less, go Windows 2000 SP4... 2000 is just xp without the kiddie stuff (great for older machines, takes only 50mb to boot, vs 100ish for xp (and thats a stripped xp too)