HL2 E3 2004 Full video here

Regarding the release date. The game hit beta before E3. It looks like a late June to July timeframe is very likely.

Not true it is only in Alpha right now. I want to see some written data to back up what you are saying

Not true it is only in Alpha right now. I want to see some written data to back up what you are saying

Doug said they should be at beta by E3. Even if they are a little late I doubt it will effect the release date much if at all. The game is basically done.

Bah, always have to install something eles. Thought I would get away with just using MPC but I had to install QT Alternative aswell.

Quit complaining.

Perhaps you would rather the bloatednes of using WMP and installing Quicktime player

some people are never happy.

Quit complaining.

Perhaps you would rather the bloatednes of using WMP and installing Quicktime player

some people are never happy.

Guess your right.

The video itself (I mean the 700 MB one) is OK but... I can't understand how come that a 25 min video file is about 700 MB big??? Waste of time, waste of bandwidth. A hi-quality DVD-rip can be 700 MB big but it is often ~1 hour long and has an AC3 audio track (DivX + AC3).

This video should be at least half of the current size.

It seems GameSpy needs some education in the video encoding field (proper codec, proper bitrate), even Dr DivX does better ;).

Guess your right.

K-Lite codec pack + Quicktime Alternative + Real Alternative + Media Player classic

=

I don't need to install new codecs, and can watch everything inside the one media player (Y)

Who here thinks that HL2 will really rock Doom III house? Will HL2 and all the ports crush Doom III to the ground?

I think HL2 will be far better than Doom3. What is the storyline of Doom 3 anyway?

I think HL2 will be far better than Doom3. What is the storyline of Doom 3 anyway?

the storyline its a re-telling fo the one in the first doom

Different engines for different styles....

Besides, if Half Life 2 is going to be such a great game, it should still be a great game, even if it had the exact same graphics as Half Life 1 (Y)

Different engines for different styles....

Besides, if Half Life 2 is going to be such a great game, it should still be a great game, even if it had the exact same graphics as Half Life 1 (Y)

who is talking about engines? :blink:

lol im geting 400 + down :D sucks to be u

it sped up to around 100k/s when everyone had gone to bed :p but i wanted it the second it came out!