DivX 5.0: Launched

well I installed the Free pro with ads , ran ad-aware it detected all the Gator (GAIN) crap, I removed it.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see if I get any pop-up ads.

I also just removed 4 files relating to GAIN in the DivX Pro directory, one was running in the background so I had to end the task.

Hopefully this will work :D

Maximus,

lol, I did the same exact thing you did.. ran ad aware :)

Everything seems to be running just fine so I'm satisfied, saved myself $30 :)

On a side note.. does anyone know how to get MPG's to run in "The Playa"?

Thanks!

alright, I just hunted down another trace of the gator crap.

I used startup control panel and noticed CMEsys.exe was going to be starting up and running in the background, so I went to X:Program FilesCommon FilesCMEII which contained more gator crap, so I deleted the CMEsys.exe from the startup list using the control panel, so it wont startup. I logged off then back on and deleted the CMEII directory.

So unless there's somethign else running that i don't know about, hopefully all traces of Gator stuff are gone and so are the ads which are suppose to pop up while surfing.

:)

Neo.

just a guess, but when you go to encode something, you choose your encoder in this case DivX 5 and from there you should be able to change the settings

I might be wrong.

Install ad-aware to remove Gain. It removes all of the .dll, .exe and reg edits. That way you can get pro for *free*. Divx still works afterwards too!

Originally posted by neo1980

first tell me how to get the encoding properties

Neo.

just a guess, but when you go to encode something, you choose your encoder in this case DivX 5 and from there you should be able to change the settings

I might be wrong.

Basically what I said earlier. Go into Virtual Dub (or whatever other program you use to encode) and choose DivX 5 as your codec. In VDub hit CTRL-C, select DivX 5 and click configure. I only have the free version, so my screen is a little different than the one posted, but it's very similar.

hope this helps.