New Ipod

Just got an new iPod, it looks nice, the menu is nice, the blue back lights is fantastic.

But the headphone is really crap, and too easy to leave some finger print, also there is no bloody usb cable, can't connect to my computer... how annoying.

If you are using a Desktop and not a Laptop/Notebook I would suggest getting a Firewire PCI card instead of the apple USB cable as the firewire PCI cards are cheaper.

:) Also maybe you should have researched the iPod a bit better before you bought one so then you could have been prepared against not receiving a USB cable with it. :happy:

I had the same problem, I just purchased a Firewire card instead of paying for USB adapter. I agree with the fingerprint part, also be careful about where u put it, it scratches very easily. But apart from that they rule. :D

I'm gonna buy the 20 GB Ipod 3 this week, but I heard this battery can last for like 8 hours... :s that's pretty short.... My discman can last 52 hours with rechargable flat batteries...

Are they more powerfull batteries available?

Thanks

52 hours, that just sony crap, do u remember N-1 (mini disc player), it advertised it could player 100 hours, I tested and the maxinum is 20 hours.

For USB thingy, I think I will just pop into my local pc world to see if they have any, can't be bother buy it from apple store to send it to me (another 6 months), I don't want to get a PCI card as I am thinking of selling my PC to get a iBook. And also, I want to use it(ipod) in my uni, which don't have firewire neither

I dunno why everyone is moaning about battery times. my 20GB iPod 3rd gen lasts for ever and ever the battery sign on the iPod is so unclear 1 min it will say its empty yet you get hours out of it next it will say its full but it's not!.

and I have never been in a situation where the battery ran out while I have been using it and I have had mine for a good few months, when I get home I just plug it into my iBook let it charge and sync songs its not that hard to recharge an iPod when it needs it (if you need more then 8 hours of playback in 1 instance then you need to get some friends not a longer battery)

The batteries cant be removed by just slotting it back like a walkman or something you need to pry the front plait off the metal back (no way I'm gonna try it) you can get a higher capacity battery but voids warranty since its not from apple. :no:

(Hope this dont make me sound like a moany bitch but people keep telling me when im listening to my iPod that its crap cause it's battery dont last and I have wanted to shout this since I bought it!) :rofl:

52 hours, that just sony crap, do u remember N-1 (mini disc player), it advertised it could player 100 hours, I tested and the maxinum is 20 hours.

For USB thingy, I think I will just pop into my local pc world to see if they have any, can't be bother buy it from apple store to send it to me (another 6 months),  I don't want to get a PCI card as I am thinking of selling my PC to get a iBook. And also, I want to use it(ipod) in my uni, which don't have firewire neither

it's not sony crap, its a philips discman :D

I bought it last year, it's a normal discman (no MP3) and pretty expensive about 200 US dollars. and it really last very very long, I listen 2 my discman alot (every night in bed, on my way 2 work and on the way back). Like 3 hours a day and I have 2 charge it once in the 2 weeks...

Pretty good I think :D I've had alot of discmans but non of them was so good with battery life.

But I really NEED an ipod, so I'm gonna buy one anyway. But IS it possible 2 get a higher quality battery in it?

About the higher quality battery: No, not that I've ever heard of.

Speaking of iPods though, a friend and I cracked his open today and disassembled it...his hard drive died earlier this week, it was a first generation. Pretty cool stuff inside, those hard drives are freaking tiny! Oh, and we got it put back together without a hitch. :p I'm too scared to crack open my third gen. though.. Lol...

Edited by xGarrett

But I really NEED an ipod, so I'm gonna buy one anyway. But IS it possible 2 get a higher quality battery in it?

Yes I did say that lol :pinch:

A company sells a higher capacity battery for it if you really need one, you have to send them your iPod and they send it back with the higher capacity battery in it, try google. (costs $80 i think) - This is not from apple and will void your apple warranty! so if your iPod breaks you will have to pay top dollar for it to be repaired

Congrats on your new iPod. Yeah the earphone sucks, you should get some new ones..im planning to replace mine real soon. Maybe an Apple In-ear. You should also get a case before it scratches up.

And for lots more info, go to http://ipodlounge.com

Mine one came with a case, the case looks pretty cool, need i get a new one?

yup mine came with a hardback case with a belt-clip thing on the back of it to.

Does the 15GB iPod 3rd Gen. not come with the case? I thought they only lacked the Dock from its 20GB and 40GB Big brothers. :shifty:

Poor 15GB users LOL 5-Gig more and ya get

Earphones

iPod 20GB (18GB after format)

Firewire cable

Firewire 8 to 6 Pin adapter for windows.

Dock

Hard back holder with belt clip

cheap cheap cheap bag to stick ya iPod in (its really cheap seriously! feels like they made it from paper!)

Thats a few things 15GB owners miss out on. ooh well. you know I didn't buy a skin for mine I just use the hard back cover and take it out when I'm using it, not that much hassle. :rofl:

sound card? where does that one come from?

Wrong quote :p I was commenting on what you said about the finger prints

Oh, One more question pops up. I wanna a buy a better headphone then the included one. But can you attach a different headphone 2 the remote control? or is the headphone build in the remote?