New Ipod

Still the same question, does the 20 GB ipod really come with a pci firewire adapter? how come mine didn't come with one?

Thanks

Xu

I love my 40 gig iPod, I've had it since last October and have a hard time putting it down. The iPod averages 8 hours per charge, but I rarely let it run empty.

The battery life indicator is a joke, but who cares it doesn't get better than the iPod.

Just don't use the back light too much :D

It's not a PCI firewire adapter, it's a 6-pin to 4-pin adapter. Most Sony PC's and alot of other PC's use the smaller FireWire port instead of the larger standard.

93512.gif

Left: 6 pin

Right: 4 pin

The adapter is just that, turns your 6 pin into a 4 pin plug.

Yup its not a PCI adapter (I never said that) its just a small white clip you stick over the firewire head and it changes it to the smaller 4 pin head which happens to fit my windows laptop even though I use my iPod with my iBook

If you want to know the difference between these 2 firewire size's the only difference is 1s smaller is 4-pin 1s larger has 6-pins and only the 6-pin one can supply power to the device plugged into it (like USB) - which means you would need your windows computer to have a 6-pin firewire port to be able to charge it as you are using it unless you buy the USB iPod cable. :happy: