Boxing is the only REAL sport... ever.

While I do agree that boxing is a sport, I really don't think it requires as much skill as most other sports. It requires great reflexes and a good combination of strengh and speed, but other than that it is just trying to beat the hell out of someone. I think soccer (football to non-yanks) and basketball require a lot more ability and skill than boxing. Your entire body has to be in tune to play those sports well.

Boxing is the best. All the other sports suck. There's no action in any of the other sports. They're all fun to play but not fun to watch. Street basketball is fun to watch tho, but the NBA.. nah uh. All the action is fake, they all fake getting pushed, shoved, slapped, hit, watever... just so they can get that foul point. Football is sorta gay... cuz the action goes on for a couple of seconds, then gotta wait a little bit after the action stopped so that they can set the team up again. I sorta like watching soccer, i just watch it to see how good they can handle a ball with just their feet, the only action i see in soccer is when someone scores a goal and the announcer yells "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL".

BOxing OWNS.

2138166[/snapback]

Anytime somebody says something as lame as "OWNS", I automatically discredit everything they say. It's usually stupid. Point in case, everything you just said.

UFC is the best form of fighting now imho

i would like to ask the original poster to Tell us all exactly what he knows about football/soccer i meen do you know anything do you even know the rules have you ever even watched a full 90mnt match?

While I do agree that boxing is a sport, I really don't think it requires as much skill as most other sports.  It requires great reflexes and a good combination of strengh and speed, but other than that it is just trying to beat the hell out of someone.  I think soccer (football to non-yanks) and basketball require a lot more ability and skill than boxing.  Your entire body has to be in tune to play those sports well.

585874470[/snapback]

On the contrary, what you said is exactly the opposite of what it really takes to be a boxer. The road work is incredibly excrutiating. Its probably the sport that requires the most conditioning for a single athlete. There are certain athletes that have been known to let the sport down by not getting into tip top shape. But they dont speak for the majority.

Think about it. We can all go and play baseball or soccer on the weekend, but go and try play boxing. Its tough. Not a sport the majority of us can do. No one throws in substitute either. The individual and his corner is accountable.

UFC is the best form of fighting now imho

585874490[/snapback]

MMA is a cool sport although much more barbaric. Shoot, Im going to see the Tank vs. Cabbage rematch this weekend live. Should be fun. Im not much of a fan for the ground and pound which the sport has gotten caught up in. Im more of a technical JuJitsu fan. Tried that sport myself but something about rolling around with sweaty dudes, Id rather just stand up and throw a couple in hopes of knocking them down or being knocked minus the sweaty ballsack on my neck. Just me though.

• 5 weeks later...

I never used to like boxing, i thought it was boring but after watching maybe 5 matches i started really enjoying it.

They have to be the fittest sportsmen on earth.