Playing around with a design

Well I was bored, and had always wanted to create a template or design from the Longhorn "theme". And I ended up with this. The design tries to retain the same structure as the current Neowin but "build" on that to improve it. I haven't moved on to the "news" section of it yet, I'll do that tommorow.

Note: All icons are Crystal icons by everaldo. They are very nice icons and I do not withhold any credits for them.

post-19-1085398228.jpg

its ever so nice but ever so easy to knock together in photoshop! Ever so hard to put on the front page, get it working in all browsers... :p

its ever so nice but ever so easy to knock together in photoshop! Ever so hard to put on the front page, get it working in all browsers... :p

Actually, it looks rather easy to get working properly. I would knock it up in HTML, but I've got work to be doing....

Any chance you can add some news items to full flesh out the page, Long?

I never did like those grey looking icons at the top. It looks like the same ones they are using in Aerobrowser. Other then the icons, I like the design.

it looks awesome! i personally would love to see it used, it doesnt look too hard to make compatible with all browsers.. neowin needs to be revamped IMO! and this design looks outstanding! .. how would the news look in it though ?

I can do it but I don't know how standard compliant I can be :p

Yes do it :D

only problem i see is .. where would the ads go ?? unless you make this like a subscription skin

They could easily make space :shifty:

I can do it but I don't know how standard compliant I can be :p

We can get all the die-hard compliance people from the Web forum to do that for us.

But ya, I wouldn't mind seeing that as a new design.

Holy **** that is hot. Stop asking for it guys, let him finnish it, perfect it and get into talks with the admins and see what happens.

I personally love that skin and would LOVE to see it as Neowin's defaul.t