I learned something today

Okay I always knew that the little blue circle identifies that the thread has new unread messages. Yes, yes, that's a bit of a, duh! Stay with me people....

I disabled images temporarily and I noticed that Firefox replaced various images with the text equivilent. Instead of the title column showing "WTF!?!", the title column shows "Goto last unread WTF!?!" (which makes it rather hard to read the thread titles but who browses Neowin with images disabled anyway?).

So I fixed the images thing and the "Goto last unread" was replaced by the blue circle. I never really realized that clicking the blue circle did something different from clicking on the text portion of the thread title. The blue circle actually takes you to the last unread message in the thread. Given that the circle is small it may test your precision clicking ability.

Perhaps everybody knew this. Perhaps they don't. If this thread has no value to you then just ignore it and it will likely fade away on its own. But it might assist the odd person so there you go, my Neowin tip of the day (don't worry I don't intend to post another one tomorrow).

It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about, but know I think I got it.

I did not know that either. It will help me in the future.

The third paragraph is the key point. The rest of my post is essentially saying "please don't flame me for posting something obvious".

lol at first i thought this was a thread that was like

"don't mess around, if a mod says your trolling, and you respond in the thread after you got the warning....youll be dead"

but no....thanks for telling me that about the balls....err icons... :p

lol at first i thought this was a thread that was like

"don't mess around, if a mod says your trolling, and you respond in the thread after you got the warning....youll be dead"

but no....thanks for telling me that about the balls....err icons... :p

I got a warning once. I posted on topic and it confused too many people.

I've always known this, but a while back I broke the function on my forums, so I stopped using it and never have since.

I stopped using it because after while it stopped actually bringing me to the last read post, could be because i was on neowin on more than one computer though