Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0a

Originally I had a Dell Quietkey keyboard (seriously they are not that quiet) I then went Bluetooth the keyboard did excellent but as the mouse killed batteries I sold both and the I settled for a Microsoft MultiMedia 1.0a Keyboard I bought a OEM instead of the retail only thing that differs was the boxing and warranty.

WHAT YOU GET

Soon my parcel arrived and I opened it to find

1.jpg

+ Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0a with palm rest

3.jpg

+ Documentation & Drivers CD

2.jpg

INSTALLATION

Simply connect it and restart and it will be detected as a normal keyboard for the multimedia keys and other keys for work you are required to install Microsoft IntelliType available for download from the internet.

4.jpg

Once you install the Microsoft IntelliType software you have the ability to customize each button according to your needs.

5.jpg

With the multimedia keys I had many available at my fingertips I personally felt that I was getting around much quicker. I especial like the ability to control volume.

6.jpg

CONCLUSION

It's a great keyboard and it comes with a palm rest so you don?t need to buy one, the multimedia keys make it faster to navigate and control the computer, able to reply to e-mail's, print, close, spell check and many other things right of the keyboard. The only thing I don't really like is that it only comes on two colours and the F Lock function which is at times confusing really quiet when typing. With

Edited by DJ Prem

You bought a very good keyboard but if it has been a wireless one, it would be a lot better. I have the wireless version and is experiencing it greatly, but both keyboard versions are the same. It is indeed very comfortable.

At the end of your post, you said that the F function can be confusing. Yes that is is right. It confused the hell out of me, but learnt what it is for.

When the light for the function key is on, pressing F1, F2, F3, F4, etc will run whatever it says on the top of the keys like Help, Undo, Redo, New, Open, etc. When the function key is off, the normal F1,F2, F3, etc is activated.

I'm thinking of getting the Logitech diNovo Media Desktop, But not too sure.

read Dazzla's review

You bought a very good keyboard but if it has been a wireless one, it would be a lot better.? I have the wireless version and is experiencing it greatly, but both keyboard versions are the same. It is indeed very comfortable.

At the end of your post, you said that the F function can be confusing. Yes that is is right. It confused the hell out of me, but learnt what it is for.

When the light for the function key is on, pressing F1, F2, F3, F4, etc will run whatever it says on the top of the keys like Help, Undo, Redo, New, Open, etc. When the function key is off, the normal F1,F2, F3, etc is activated.

Yeap, I figured that:pp + I doont likie wireless cos it connects via USB adn you have to get a PS2 to get into the BIOS and it eats battery as my machines is always on

did it pass the "twist test";))

whats that?

Yea I got the exact same keyboard , its fine but i have to say

what a pointless post

I dont think so but if it is the mods will delete it

Yeap, I figured that :p + I doont likie wireless cos it connects via USB adn you have to get a PS2 to get into the BIOS and it eats battery as my machines is always on

I can get into and move around the bios on my computer using the wireless keyboard. Yeah, it might not be compatable with your bios but is with my bios which have not been updated since I got the computer in early 2000

I can get into and move around the bios on my computer using the wireless keyboard. Yeah, it might not be compatable with your bios but is with my bios which have not been updated since I got the computer in early 2000

i see...what about twist test

i won that keyboard from emachines. it was the only good thing that ever came out of buying this crap pc. im using a logitech access keyboard right now though and i have to say, i prefer the logitech. however, free is free and its a damn good keyboard for the price.

bottom line: if you are giong to have to pay for it, save yourself ten bucks and get a better keyboard, the logitech access.

I used to have that keyboard in the older and the white version and it was a really good keyboard until i spilt coca cola over it....but now i have a logitech keyboard :)

I used to have that keyboard in the older and the white version and it was a really good keyboard until i spilt coca cola over it....but now i have a logitech keyboard :)

If I'm correct they are two diffrent keyboards with the same layout

I have the white Natural version of that keyboard and have to say it doesn't pass the twist test (it creaks like crazy). Typing on it is a dream though and I have an "F Lock Switcher" program that makes the F key's on by default until you turn the F Lock on and then you get the added functionality (it just makes the default the reverse of what it is when you install it) and it is much more functional that way. It's attached if anyone hates the way the default F Lock works and works for the:

? Multimedia Keyboard

? Natural Multimedia Keyboard

? Wireless Optical Desktop Keyboard

? Wireless Optical Desktop Pro Keyboard or

? Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth Keyboard

The undo.reg file is also included and a reboot is need for changes to take effect.

* Note: I didn't write the reg files and can't remember who did. *

F_Lock_Switcher.zip

Edited by Jstphish

I personally like the large enter keys. I was thinking of getting this keyboard - but I dont like the look of the way the buttons are set out above the cursor keys - the Insert, delete, home, etc.

I'm thinking of getting the Logitech diNovo Media Desktop, But not too sure.

ditto, that one looks awesome.

Originally I had a Dell Quietkey keyboard (seriously they are not that quiet) I then went Bluetooth the keyboard did excellent but as the mouse killed batteries I sold both and the I settled for a Microsoft MultiMedia 1.0a Keyboard I bought a OEM instead of the retail only thing that differs was the boxing and warranty.

WHAT YOU GET

Soon my parcel arrived and I opened it to find

http://www.danilpremgi.com/images/reviews/..._keyboard/1.jpg

+ Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0a with palm rest

http://www.danilpremgi.com/images/reviews/..._keyboard/3.jpg

+ Documentation & Drivers CD

http://www.danilpremgi.com/images/reviews/..._keyboard/2.jpg

INSTALLATION

Simply connect it and restart and it will be detected as a normal keyboard for the multimedia keys and other keys for work you are required to install Microsoft IntelliType available for download from the internet.

http://www.danilpremgi.com/images/reviews/..._keyboard/4.jpg

Once you install the Microsoft IntelliType software you have the ability to customize each button according to your needs.

http://www.danilpremgi.com/images/reviews/..._keyboard/5.jpg

With the multimedia keys I had many available at my fingertips I personally felt that I was getting around much quicker. I especial like the ability to control volume.

http://www.danilpremgi.com/images/reviews/..._keyboard/6.jpg

CONCLUSION

It's a great keyboard and it comes with a palm rest so you don?t need to buy one, the multimedia keys make it faster to navigate and control the computer, able to reply to e-mail's, print, close, spell check and many other things right of the keyboard. The only thing I don't really like is that it only comes on two colours and the F Lock function which is at times confusing really quiet when typing. With

i like your bed cover:D:D

I have the white Natural version of that keyboard and have to say it doesn't pass the twist test (it creaks like crazy).  Typing on it is a dream though and I have an "F Lock Switcher" program that makes the F key's on by default until you turn the F Lock on and then you get the added functionality (it just makes the default the reverse of what it is when you install it) and it is much more functional that way.  It's attached if anyone hates the way the default F Lock works and works for the:

? Multimedia Keyboard

? Natural Multimedia Keyboard

? Wireless Optical Desktop Keyboard

? Wireless Optical Desktop Pro Keyboard or

? Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth Keyboard

The undo.reg file is also included and a reboot is need for changes to take effect.

* Note: I didn't write the reg files and can't remember who did. *

It stopped the Media buttons (next track etc.) buttons working on my MultiMedia keyboard, even after I install the undo:(eg file :( Reinstalling IntelliType 5.0 didn't help either

I personally like the large enter keys.

I always thought that American keyboards had the small return keys and keyboards from UK had the large keys.
I dont like the look of the way the buttons are set out above the cursor keys - the Insert, delete, home, etc

They do make sense when you get used to them, for example home is on the left, so takes you to the start of the line, and end is on the right where the end of a line is on a page.

I bought the Natural version yesterday as well. Bought the first Natural keyboard that ever came out by Microsoft. Actually it's what I'm typing on right now. :p Still have the box for it too. :| I don't think I could ever go back to using a standard keyboard. They just feel so uncomfortable now.