Whats your family like?

THis aint so much a poll as a post your great family stories. MY family rocks sooooooo much. First off, my mom, pays for my food, my clothes, my games, my college, my car payments, my cell phone, my student loans, my insurance, my gas. Everything. She works 2 full time jobs and one part time as a freelance nurse for an agency. All of this for me, and god as my witness, one day she will have all of it returned, when she is done working and decides to retire she will have the best of everythign she could possibly want. Its the least i can do for her.

Second, and probably most setamental, is my aunt delores. THere is a bit of backstory to this so bear with me. My grandpa fred, who passed away of old age about a year ago, married my grandma about 14 years ago. My biological grandfather was a drunk for some time, got sobered, started collecting coins, joined 'The Purple Gang' and was a part of the Free Masons. He died in a gun fight between the purple gang and some rival. Then we (me, my brother, and 6 or so cousins) were born. Grandma was married when i was about 3 or 4. I always assuemd Grandpa Fred was our only grandpa. At about 10 i foudn out otherwise but thought nothing of it. He was loved, and is still missed greatly. Grandpa was a jew, an orthodox jew, didnt move more than the alloted amoutn on sabath, ect ect. Many of my cousins were serously thinkign of converting to Judisem(or whatever its called) to be that much closer to grandpa. When he died it shook everything up, most of us stayed with him until the end. I myself stayed up, at his side, never moving, for about 3 days. This was during a week fo mid-terms at school to. Nothign mattered except being with him and praying he recovered, i ate, maybe once during that whoel 3 days, and that was only a bit of bread and water. When he died it was peaceful.

But how does this tie into my aunt? Well, when he died everythign he had became up for grabs. Much of it was junk (he survived the great depression and WW2. So he had learned to save up stuff. he would'nt have enough Milk to last a week, he would have enough for a year. And he woudl make sure he was always stocked with everything.). He had trinkets and stuff to sell if another depression hit. He also used things liek canes to help him walk. None of the parents wanted any of it and grandma hated the old junk. She was goign to throw it out, but my aunt, she decided to offer it to us kids, seeing as how we love him so much. So she did. I got both his dressers, hsi cigar box(With a cigar still in it), pictures of his family, his old light flasher (a little box, you put a slide in and hodl it up to a light to see a black and white image of a place. Kinda liek a primitive computer. but not.).

Now grandpa had 4 canes. Each was a bit different than the last, one was adjustable, one had a sword inside, one was solid oak, and one was stainless steel. All were worn with use. To be givven one was and is a great honor, these are his relics, one of the things he had most oft used. This is liek a catholic being told to keep the shroud of jesus safe, ro the urn with St Peters ashes. What have you.

I got a cane. From my aunt who is keepign them for safe keeping. I also got a book form her, 'Oh the places you will go!' by Dr. Suess. If you think the book is for kids then you are a fool. Read it, it has relevance even today, as an adult or teenager.

Another thing with my aunt is this, a few summers ago we were talkign bout stuff, and chess came up. I told her i liked it but cant play, i dont own a board. So we kept takign and then pillows came up, i told her mine is like a rock, and flat.

At my birthday i got a chess board and a new down pillow from her. IT meant alot more than the games i got or the cake i ate. IT meant she listend, when your a kid and you are convinced no one listen to you they just nod their head, and then you get somthing liek this, it means alot.

I am goign to stop here. i coudl go on and on all day about how lucky i am to have a family this great, but i am getting teary eyed form thinking about grandpa(i dont cry easily), and to bore you all with every family member (i have about 15 close ones and even more far away ones) would take an exceedingly long time.

My family sucks.

Actually I was having this conversation already today with the bf about just how messed up my family is.

I think there had to of been inbreeding somewhere along the line bc all throughout the family someone either has physcial problems, mental problems, or usually both.

My family sucks too. :( But they are better now... At least my Dad comes home more often from his travels and my Mum's .. umm... terrible temperament has improved.

Gee, thanks ibaker. i love you to.

damn checker, that sounds.... weird. Inbreeding? Did ya check the family tree? Kinda odd.

lol @ kertosis

My family has alot of health problems on both sides (diabetes and heart disease) as well as hearing loss, eyesight problems, etc. Its really screwed up. My parents are divorced as well. Meh.

damn checker, that sounds.... weird. Inbreeding? Did ya check the family tree? Kinda odd.

Well I wasn't serious about the inbreeding remark

but they act as if it happend bc most of them are really stupid or just messed up.

Anyways

Your very fortunate.

It's great that you recognize and appreicate it.

I have had many a wonderful dream of slitting my Father's wrists and watching him die.

I have had many a wonderful dream of slitting my Father's wrists and watching him die.

how lovely.

i've had similar day dreams of some of my family

You know what the good part is? You get to not make a complete cockup

of it with your own family!

(you know,spouse kids aunts)

I am goign to stop here. i coudl go on and on all day about how lucky i am to have a family this great, but i am getting teary eyed form thinking about grandpa(i dont cry easily), and to bore you all with every family member (i have about 15 close ones and even more far away ones) would take an exceedingly long time.

plz tell me more, I liked your story :)

My family when we were together was ok, you know all the usual brother-sister fights. Well that happened nearly every-day but the last few years before I moved out, it was ok. My sister was a bit mature but she was bossy to my parents. But all is ok now. See, it's the evolvation of a family. My parents was a bit strict about how we can live. They order me around the house but I understand why.

They did buy us things like other families would like clothes, food, whatever we want they think is essential. They plan their budget very well.

You know raising children and maintaining their health can be expensive. :cry:

My family ****ing sucks.

My dad died 2 years ago from alcohol (hell I miss him) my mum, well she's headed the same way as she is ****ed every night on half a big bottle of rum. The only thing in this house that keeps me from killing her or myself is Steve, my non official stepdad, he was with us until my dad died, and he was the one that initially called the ambulance.

My dad side of the family hates my mums side, and my mums side pretty much hates them. My mums side is a bunch of ****ing twats to be honest, always bitching and always moaning and being complete ****tards, calling my mum a bad mum and other stuff which in turn comes back at me and Steve in the evening when she is drunk. My dads side of the family is ok, his sister is rich, and I find her friendly, one of my uncles and cousins lives with her, and that uncle is paralyzed.

My family just plain ****ing sucks 99% of the time, thats all I have to say.

Well, my family is usual, I missed the rest of my family, living here with my Bro and Sis makes me being the wedgie and it's just not what I imagine I want to be. I feel unfair at some stage, but I can stand on my own, I don't need them to wedgied me all around, I still care for them though.

My mum died in 1999, I feel lonesome without her, she's like the best friend I ever had, now I have step mum things are way different, I know my step mum cared for me, but, it's not going to ever match the real care from my real mum.

My Dad even though he's rough, but I know he loved me very much, both of us are trying to know each other better a lot better than now.

I want my brother to accompany me, so it's balanced out well, 3 are not balanced. I want to teach my brother how to care a lot more to each other than how my older Bro and Sis taught me, it's all just not enough, they want me if they need something, other than that, it's likely they wouldn't want to care much about me. I am lucky my brother always care for me even though we're miles apart, but he really cares for me.

THis aint so much a poll as a post your great family stories. MY family rocks sooooooo much. First off, my mom, pays for....

Please no positive stories here. It just upsets the people who like to cry in their cornflakes.

Seriously though, once you get beyond my immediate family, for which I have no choice but to like, the rest of them are just whacked. I think the "normal" people in my family are the ones with only one severe mental disorder.

my family's completely mucked up. my parents are still married, but they're really controlling, my brother beats the s*** out of my sis and . . . hell, i cd go on all day.

but widdow, you've got a really good family :)

F**ked-up, annoying, loud, rude, fat, ugly, twisted, demented, psychotic, contagious, deranged, intriguing.

But other than that, nice?