Foobar2000 Customization Topic

----Dont bother reading this:

Could someone tell me why everyone loves foobar2000? I use winamp 5, is that any better than foobar?

Can foobar go into a tiny transparent strip at the top of my screen?

----To the point:

Please tell me why everyone loves foobar2000...

585799867[/snapback]

1.- Low Resource Usage.

2.- Simple, Minimalist, or as big as you wish.

3.- Kinda easy customization, at least for experienced users.

4.- Can match your VS, Mood, w/e, in a sec, without asking people to make complex XML skins...

5.- Hey its free!

6.- Does everything that winamps does, you dont need to buy a pro version...

7.- Organize your albums, mp3 folder by tree view, display cover, use it with objectbar/samurize, etc!!

8.- Its not owned by AOL ??

1) Replaygain your files so that they have the same volume without losing any dynamics

2) Perfect gapless playback of LAME encoded files

3) Perfect gapless cd burning via the burnit plugin [you need NERO installed]

4) LAME encoding with all available variables with the "convert" function.

Its the ultimate lean mean audio machine!!

1) Replaygain your files so that they have the same volume without losing any dynamics

2) Perfect gapless playback of LAME encoded files

3) Perfect gapless cd burning via the burnit plugin [you need NERO installed]

4) LAME encoding with all available variables with the "convert" function.

Its the ultimate lean mean audio machine!!

585802358[/snapback]

:yes:

Meh,  1 gig of ram, 733 tracks, want something small and never in the way... I think ill stick with winamp :)

585802806[/snapback]

Please ignore the troll. Report has been send

Can someone tell me the difference between the Album List Panel and the Database Explorer?

All I want to do is have a panel that shows all of my album folders, which one would I use for that?

Thanks!

Indeed, though i would agree its the wrong thread for that discussion. Plus, knowing some neowiniains, a discussion about that would end up in flame wars.

foobar2pn.png

How would I go about changing the colour of the things that are too dark to read on the statusbar? (I think that's what it's called, the bar at the bottom with MP3 information)

Using Columns UI if you couldn't tell :)

Edit: Ah don't worry, found it :D Just in case anyone else wants to know, it's in Title Formatting.

Dan

Edited by danielhill101

Go to the foobar options, Title Formatting, Status Bar. Look at where the colors codes are at, usually a bunch of numbers enclosed in two tiny squares.

Opaul, I am using a modded version of the Navigator Suite, as mentioned before, if you would like my colours:

$puts(theme_dark,0)
$puts(bg_color,$rgb(227,228,209))
$puts(bg_color2,$rgb(240,240,224))
$puts(standard_color,$rgb(85,63,35))
$puts(special_color,$rgb(150,50,20))
$puts(playing_color,$rgb(197,197,160))
$puts(borders_color,$rgb(85,63,35))
$puts(symbol_seperator,' ~ ')
$puts(symbol_rating,⊗ )

Please ignore the troll. Report has been send

585803250[/snapback]

Report:

hotdog963al has been really horrible, ban him, because he told us all that he is going to stick to his old music player....

ya, nice one buddy :laugh:

If you thought "Meh, 1 gig of ram, 733 tracks, want something small and never in the way... I think ill stick with winamp" Was offensive... I actually meant: "Thanks for the info, but I think I'll keep to my old player"

Edited by hotdog963al

Can someone tell me the difference between the Album List Panel and the Database Explorer?

All I want to do is have a panel that shows all of my album folders, which one would I use for that?

Thanks!

585803278[/snapback]

Album List can only show one query(tree), where DB Explorer can show multiple trees at the same time.

If you only want a list(tree) of your albums, Album list is fine, I think it has also a better performance.

Report:

hotdog963al has been really horrible, ban him, because he told us all that he is going to stick to his old music player....

ya, nice one buddy  :laugh:

If you thought "Meh, 1 gig of ram, 733 tracks, want something small and never in the way... I think ill stick with winamp" Was offensive... I actually meant: "Thanks for the info, but I think I'll keep to my old player"

585804984[/snapback]

Thanks for your opinion, now, since you a Winamp user, hell, stay there if you wish, we dont mind, now please get back into the topic, CUSTOMIZATION OF FOOBAR, it aint "why foobar is better than winamp"... thank you...

Thanks for your opinion, now, since you a Winamp user, hell, stay there if you wish, we dont mind, now please get back into the topic, CUSTOMIZATION OF FOOBAR, it aint "why foobar is better than winamp"... thank you...

585805280[/snapback]

Exactly! First the tread gets hijacked, sometimes unintentionally, and before you know it flamewars ensue.

Please back on topic!

foobar2pn.png

How would I go about changing the colour of the things that are too dark to read on the statusbar? (I think that's what it's called, the bar at the bottom with MP3 information)

Using Columns UI if you couldn't tell  :)

Edit: Ah don't worry, found it  :D Just in case anyone else wants to know, it's in Title Formatting.

Dan

585803950[/snapback]

hey, can I ask how did you ahieve that nice-looking black combi for your olight config?

would really appreciate it if you could share it! :D

hey, can I ask how did you ahieve that nice-looking black combi for your olight config?

would really appreciate it if you could share it!  :D

585806852[/snapback]

Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Globals > Variables > scroll a little bit and you will find the way to change it :p

Heres my track info and status bar configs for anyone who wants them, can be seen in the SS a few pages back:

Track Info

$if(%_time_elapsed%,

♠ Artist:787878 $if2(%artist%,'Unknown Artist') ♠
$char(10)
♠ Title:787878 $if2(%title%,'Unknown Title') ♠
$char(10)
♠ Album:787878 $if2(%album%,'Unknown Album') ♠
$char(10)
♠ Track No:787878 $if2($tracknumber(2),'N/A') ♠
$char(10)
♠ Release Date:787878 $if2(%date%,'Unknown Year') ♠
$char(10)
$char(10)
♠ Codec:787878 $codec() [- %__bitrate%kbps][ %__extrainfo%] ♠
$char(10)
♠ Extra Info:787878 [%__samplerate%Hz -] $caps($if($stricmp($codec(),MP3),%__mp3_stereo_mode%,$channels())) ♠

$char(10)
$char(10)
$char(10)
$char(10)
$char(1)C ♠ 787878No Track Playing ♠
)

Status Bar

// set color for progress bar
$puts(col_progbar_symb1,000000)
$puts(col_progbar_symb2,cccccc)

// set variables
$puts(spacer_symb,' ')
$puts(spacer_width,0)
$puts(progbar_symb1,'•')
$puts(progbar_symb2,'•')
$puts(progbar_length,25)

// add colors and formatting
$puts(spacer,$repeat($get(spacer_symb),$get(spacer_width)))
$puts(progbar_symb1,$get(col_progbar_symb1)$get(progbar_symb1))
$puts(progbar_symb2,$get(col_progbar_symb2)$get(progbar_symb2))

// progress bar (checking total because of streaming)
$puts(progress_bar,
$if(%_time_total_seconds%,
$get(spacer)$get(spacer)
$progress2(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,$get(progbar_length),$get(progbar_symb1),$get(progbar_symb2))
)
)

%_time_elapsed%  /  %_time_total%
$tab()
$get(progress_bar)   
000000$muldiv(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,100,%_length_seconds%)'%'

Got another code question for the guys who've already figured this out. How could you compare an artists name with the previous artists name, and have it display none if identical? I ask cos, all the other strings I've seen display by tracknumber (if 1 display artist, is 2 display nill etc), and since most of my library are singles from all sorts of different albums, that doesnt really work unless i make up a bunch of b.s tracknumbers for the songs i have. I've played with it a bit, but can never really get what I want. Is it even possible?