Americans opinions about Soccer?

Do you find american soccer boring or all soccer boring?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find american soccer boring or all soccer boring?

• Yes to all soccer
    • Yes to american soccer
    • No i don't like it

Do you just dislike soccer totally or is it because america never really get anywhere in big tounaments?

Or is it because there is no definite winner unlike so many of your other sports?

this should have been continued in the "do you find soccer boring?" thread. anywho, I find soccer very interesting and can't wait till euro 2004. just few more days left.

Is there some history as to the football/soccer deviation? I just find it funny that there are two different words for the same sport.

Going to be out on Sunday for the first England game - looking forward to it.

As far as I am aware, the orignal sport names are as follows:

Association Football (Soccer). Best team sport.

Gridiron Football (American Football). Good but not my kind of thing.

Then you get, Aussie Rules Football and other variations etc.

I dont understnad where soccer comes from, why cant you guys just call it football liek the rest of the world.

English Football = Football

American Football = American football

American Soccer (Which i'd never heard till today) = soccer

Makes much more sense!

And yes if find football/soccer slightly boring to watch but not to play. I prefere watching rugby, its much more fun!

umm, wheres the poll to vote that we like it?... Soccer/football is an awesome sport. I love to watch it. UEFA EURO 2004 starts this weekend baby. :)

Robin Williams has a funny but true bit on american soccer on his Live on Broadway show.

Although Soccer is a cooler name than Football. should be adopted worldwide.

i like soccer for the most part. it definitely has it's slow moments though, and lack of scoring, which isn't always a bad thing, cuz my fave sport is hockey, and scoring is pretty low there.

Robin Williams has a funny but true bit on american soccer on his Live on Broadway show.

Although Soccer is a cooler name than Football. should be adopted worldwide.

NO

The word soccer is horrible.

call it football please... makes more sense.. :/

Actually, it doesn't. Football is two sports. Soccer is one. People who want to view NFL posts go into the wrong thread and vice versa. Soccer is what it is called here. No more discussion on it here.

Most of us call it Soccer in Australia too. We get the world cup shown down here and it doesn't matter who's playing - it bores that absolute hell of me. Funnest game to play though.

Remember that Simpsons episode...? DO SOMETHING!!

Stupid question because no one will listen to anyone else. Much like when I try and explain hockey as the best team sport. Soccer is a slower, bigger, softer and easier sport to play then hockey. ANYONE who can run vertically can have an instant impact in a soccer game. Hockey demands you know how to skate before you participate. To many whimps play soccer. Sure hockey players dive, but when we get hurt, we continue to play. No questions asked, you just move on. Americans like rough and violent sports.