Americans opinions about Soccer?

Do you find american soccer boring or all soccer boring?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find american soccer boring or all soccer boring?

• Yes to all soccer
    • Yes to american soccer
    • No i don't like it

fred666 pretty much hit it on the head on why soccer is so popular around the world. Not every country has the resources of the US, soccer is a VERY cheap alternative to every other sport. Much like baseball, it requires little equipment, therefore much cheaper.

So, soccer is popular because it's "cheap"? LOL, what are you talking about?

Why don't you give away some American football equipment to a group of poor fellas in, let's say Brazil for example and let's see if they like it. ;)

fred666 pretty much hit it on the head on why soccer is so popular around the world. Not every country has the resources of the US, soccer is a VERY cheap alternative to every other sport. Much like baseball, it requires little equipment, therefore much cheaper. America will probably never care about it, we have all our other sports that excite us. Do you think it is a coincedence that the best baseball and soccer players come from 'less fortunate' countries?

I don't think so dude, Please man, like i said in my previus post

It's the purity of the game, not the cheap, It can be played Everywhere in the world by anyone with the same rules and advantages than the superstars in the worldcup.

I really don't get your comment about poor countries, i mean are you talking about brazilian superstars like ronaldo and such? it has nothing to do with cheap, It has to doo that that country have a leage in every city or more, they love football that much, It has nothing to do with equipment, If they loved your ethnical football they would even play it without equipment and manage to be the best quarterbacks in the world, too bad it's not the case

I'm not sure the 'because it's cheap' argument really stands too well. To play Rugby League, Rugby Union or Aussie Rules all you need is a ball too (Don't use pads or helmets like NFL). Maybe it's because Soccer is an older sport...more traditional.

What is "American Soccer"?

i think its the thing that everyone else calls football,

there's normal football and American Football

soccer is just a word, not a gam:rolleyes:s:

Fred666 you said that ''soccer'' is a little contact game, I mean what games do you watch, I've seen people come off the pitch with their legs snapped in half. To me, a little contact sport is Basketball.

Fred666 you said that ''soccer'' is a little contact game, I mean what games do you watch, I've seen people come off the pitch with their legs snapped in half. To me, a little contact sport is Basketball.

Both Baseball and "Soccer" are little contact sports but I too can give you examples of snapped legs in baseball. During one Blue Jays game our catcher at the time, Buck Martinez, snapped his leg when somebody tried to slide home. But he recovered in time to tag out the next runner by blocking the plate even though he had a broken leg. Now that's dedication.

I'm not sure the 'because it's cheap' argument really stands too well. To play Rugby League, Rugby Union or Aussie Rules all you need is a ball too (Don't use pads or helmets like NFL). Maybe it's because Soccer is an older sport...more traditional.

Yea but in soccer you don't need to purchase tape to wrap up your ears.

I think i'm more turned off by the insane stuff i see from foreign fans when it comes to soccer. just some of the things i see going on at games, after games, whatever.

i played soccer all of my childhood, and i still watch it on TV when i get the chance. I've got nothing against it, but the craziness of some of the fans in other countries is... well.. scary...

Not that the US doesn't have similar people for other topics :yes:

i find soccer more entertaining than baseball *yawn* (americas supposed favorite passtime). I actually prefer soccer to football as well. With soccer there is always something going on, a constant movement on the field unlike the play by play antics of football. Doesn't hurt that as a child i grew up mostly in europe lol.

as for the comment on

I think i'm more turned off by the insane stuff i see from foreign fans when it comes to soccer. just some of the things i see going on at games, after games, whatever.

all i can say is i've seen just a stupid of antics at football and basketball games. There are insane fans for anysport in any country. I'd just hate to see the crazy sumo fans lmao...

all i can say is i've seen just a stupid of antics at football and basketball games. There are insane fans for anysport in any country. I'd just hate to see the crazy sumo fans lmao...

basketball games...now thats where the crazies are at!

soccer...hmm...soccer is a game that kids play in high-school. football is a game that people in other countries play as adults when they are actually playing soccer.

I always liked playing soccer in high-school...but I don't see much point in watching it. Sorta like football and basketball.

Dunno why I like baseball. I'm wierd.

Soccer is a lot of fun to play, but not so fun to watch. It's not as boring as NASCAR though, which also is fun (or at least seems like it since I never have done it) to participate in but in my opinion boring as watching paint dry when you are an outside observer.

I'll be honest here...I think all soccer is boring to watch and play...domestic and internationally. Say what you want about golf, baseball, or any other slower paced sports out there, this is just my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Americans had a great surge in interest in soccer when they got the quarter/semi finals at the World Cup in '02. I think the more better showings the US can have hte better the interest will be in the sport.

I personally hate soccer. For the last 2 years my high school soccer team has been to the state championship and the school lets you go to the game if you want to..........so i just go home :happy:

Soccer?? Call it the real way, football :yes: That term better suits it then that american game where you hold the oval-ish ball in hand.

And I find soccer a lot more fun than NHL/baseball or American football. Yup, they are my opinions.