New Mac Displays

I played on a G5 yesterday and thouht I was gonna crap on myself. Dual 64 bit 2.2 ghz G5's not to mention the rest of the components. And this is coming from a PC user...

The new displays will be nice, but I think they will look more like the latest renderings from TS.

Does anybody have the wallpaper that is in that fake display though? It is sweet looking.

I've seen quite a few artist's renditions of what they thinkt he new displays are gonna look like. I'm guessing aluminum (since all their other pro stuff is aluminum these days) and in terms of design I'm guessing they're gonna be as HOT as ever...unfortunatly I'm too poor to be able to afford one :(

well seeing how there is no apple logo anywhere on it, I'd say it's fake. and I really hope if it has any truth to it, it won't be aluminum! maybe plastic to fake brashed aluminum...

anyone know where can i get the wall in the display in the screenshot ???

haha yeah thats a nice wall!

lexor: there is one. look real closely at the bottom center.

But looks real fake to me. Just a side of a G5.

well seeing how there is no apple logo anywhere on it, I'd say it's fake. and I really hope if it has any truth to it, it won't be aluminum! maybe plastic to fake brashed aluminum...

Why not aluminum? Plastic looks cheap these days. Plastic PC cases and notebooks were cool two years ago, now it's all about aluminum. ;)

Dual 64 bit

I hate it when people say this... its a 64bit chip, but its running a 32bit OS with 64bit memory registers IE not as fast as it can be (enter Tiger). Its much like running an Athlon 64 or Optereon on Windows XP Pro 32bit....

The 30-inch, HD-ready model will have a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels with a viewable area of 29.7 inches.

The 20-inch and 23-inch displays will work with Mac OS X 10.2.8 or newer on the Power Mac G5, Power Mac G4 with a DVI port and a PowerBook with a DVI port. The 30-inch model will only work with the Power Mac G5 and a high-end graphics card.

Does anyone have the pictures from ThinkSecret in their cache or anything? They're dead images for me.