Younger Schumacher Slams "Boring" F1

BMW-Williams driver Ralf Schumacher has said that Ferrari's domination of the Formula One has made the sport boring. Schumacher said that while teams have been trying to beat them for years "It starts to become boring for all of us."

R. Schumacher continued to say that the Ferrari team "... are doing something which all of us have not figured out yet." Michael Schumacher was forced to defend himself against his younger brother's criticism of the sport.

The senior Schumacher said: "We should always have the sport as the main priority in Formula One, and don't try to create artificial rules to make the show 'better' and the TV companies happier."

link

its getting better

we just need montoya to take out shumie at the start of the race like monaco

its not about who comes first any more

the real battles are for the other positions

i like racing but i dont like to watch it. 2 hours of watching some cars is nothing for me. ;)

i can understand that the small shumacher wants some attention though, after all his brother is getting all.

He is right. I stopped watching long ago, after Schumacher started to "monopolize" the race track. :yawn:

I agree. this is the reason why other teams need to win, and fast. this is why pistons need to beat lakers, even worse than they did last nite.

I remember 8/10 years when it was really competitive, the days of Ayrton Senna :D

I just stopped watching 2 years ago, it got hella boring... always the same

Why do they always blame Ferrari and shumi for making things boring. Arent there about another 20 cars on the track? There should be more focus on mid pack battles. To blame 1 team for making things boring is more than harsh.

When williams dominated there was all this then as there is now. Its easy to blame ferrari because they are the ones always in the spot light. When Senna was dominating back in the day were there the complaints then ast there are now?

If you want real racing then watch World Superbikes where there is overtaking on almost every part of the track.

He is right. I stopped watching long ago, after Schumacher started to "monopolize" the race track. :yawn:

exactly but the problem is here... ferrari has the ultimate car beating everyone on the track, they also have a very talented driver (you can't deny) and if you combine those it will be hard to beat it, unless then of course he goes out of the race.

,Jun 11 2004, 05:03] exactly but the problem is here... ferrari has the ultimate car beating everyone on the track, they also have a very talented driver (you can't deny) and if you combine those it will be hard to beat it, unless then of course he goes out of the race.

these days it has little to do with the actual cars themselves. the regulations and many bans put towards cars from f1 make it really hard for one team to stand up with only the card. the importancy of a race is split into 4 ways:

25% - driver

25% - tires

25% - engine

25% - aerodynamics

If you want real racing then watch World Superbikes where there is overtaking on almost every part of the track.

I couldn't agree more, that and MotoGP. Motorbike racing is far much more fun than F1 racing.

these days it has little to do with the actual cars themselves.

Quite a contradicting post.

As you said:

25% - driver

25% - tires

25% - engine

25% - aerodynamics

Which would mean:

75% - Car

25% - Driver

So infact it would have alot to do with the car.

only race i've watched is monaco because anything can happen and usually does there.

i agree it's getting boring because even though someone has the lead for a while you know by the end shumacher will win it

someone should just take part in races to crash into him so he stops winning :p

these days it has little to do with the actual cars themselves. the regulations and many bans put towards cars from f1 make it really hard for one team to stand up with only the card. the importancy of a race is split into 4 ways:

25% - driver

25% - tires

25% - engine

25% - aerodynamics

LOL...are you kidding me? Ferrari hadnt won a championship in decades before MS came along. Yet within a few years he put them on top. There is more to a driver than what they do on track. Michael drives the team around him. And I know its bikes but look at Rossi. Do you think anyone else could have put his bike on the podium the way he is this year.....? Its all Rossi......not the tyres, bike or anything else. The percentages you give are way too vague. A drivers skill on track and in the car is one thing......but getting full team commitment behind the driver is another. No one commits like MS and no one commits like MS's team.

Please dont get me started........ever heard of the tall poppy syndrome?

He has already won this year (7th championship) and he has at least another 3 in him yet. If you think MS is gone 2006...think again. Watch in awe peeps.....you are watching the best driver of ALL time EVER right now.

Agreed,

I used to be a fan of F1. But...now.....<falls asleep>

Quite a contradicting post.

As you said:

Which would mean:

75% - Car

25% - Driver

So infact it would have alot to do with the car.

actually, ferrari has nothing to do with tires. they are designed by michelin and even michelin personel puts them on. the engine and the aerodyamics are mostly designed by ferrari but it is mostly MS who put them to top.

LOL...are you kidding me? Ferrari hadnt won a championship in decades before MS came along. Yet within a few years he put them on top. There is more to a driver than what they do on track. Michael drives the team around him. And I know its bikes but look at Rossi. Do you think anyone else could have put his bike on the podium the way he is this year.....? Its all Rossi......not the tyres, bike or anything else. The percentages you give are way too vague. A drivers skill on track and in the car is one thing......but getting full team commitment behind the driver is another. No one commits like MS and no one commits like MS's team.

Please dont get me started........ever heard of the tall poppy syndrome?

He has already won this year (7th championship) and he has at least another 3 in him yet. If you think MS is gone 2006...think again. Watch in awe peeps.....you are watching the best driver of ALL time EVER right now.

the ratio I give is given by F1 commitee. there was a very interesting two hour show about secrets of formula one racing. it's as if it was meant for this post to get started the next day. anywho, what I am saying now comes somewhat from experience but it is backed by this show, which aired on discovery channel.

actually, ferrari has nothing to do with tires. they are designed by michelin and even michelin personel puts them on. the engine and the aerodyamics are mostly designed by ferrari but it is mostly MS who put them to top.

you're wrong. the tires ferrari uses are from bridgestone. and ferrari staff puts them on, not bridgestone personnel as you assume

Seems pretty boring to me as there are so many safety systems in place that a brick on the pedal could win the race if Schu The Elder was off ill.

0 - 200KPH in 7 secs boring.........i think not....even for an F1 driver!

lol Who let this clown out of his tent? *cue sideshow music* :laugh:

You're a fan of the sport. That's great, but you need to accept that for some of us, it really has become stagnant. The fact that these "top drivers" acknowledge this, says a lot wouldn't you agree?