Neowin's Official Euro 2004 Thread

its a pity greece won.Thier football was boring... whats the point lookin at 10 guys defending for 90+ minutes. I hoped they'll change in finals ... unfortunately they didn't. The real champions of the tournament were Czechs.. they played one of most open and flowing football i've seen from any european team in recent years.

that shows football aint all about stats... that's the USA-way... stats stats and yea, stats! It's about efficientcy and smartness... Portugal has what we'd say star-players... They made counless efforts on goal... Did they score? No. Greece didn't have any star-player... Our only hope was to win was to eliminate opponent skill (that's smartness)... We only made one effort on goal... Did we score? Yes. (that's efficiency)... If you don't like it, too bad... I agree that many teams were better than Greece (i completely agree that the Czechs were the best) but how do you expect weak teams to face strong ones? They don't have the option of playing offensively... They don't have the option to use individual player skill when they have no stars... They can only play defensively, eliminate opponent skill (really, is that a bad thing?) and hope for a fast counter-attack... That's how football is im afraid... And why is it a pity? Because we are smart enough to beat stronger teams? After all, it's not like we didn't play against the French or the Czechs... It's a pity for them that they didn't win a weaker team... Just learn to accept the fact that weaker teams deserve to use smartness, efficiency and strategy...

wait a minute ....i never said anything about stats or stars read my reply again thats not line of argument at all. All i wanted to say was greek football was the most boring for a nuetral guy like me.... thro the tournament.. even germans played better football :p

Just learn to accept the fact that weaker teams deserve to use smartness, efficiency and strategy...

so every team that considers itself weak should have all 10 guys defending and pray they'll score from corners and other setpieces

:rolleyes:

its a pity greece won.Thier football was boring... whats the point lookin at 10 guys defending for 90+ minutes. I hoped they'll change in finals ... unfortunately they didn't. The real champions of the tournament were Czechs.. they played one of most open and flowing football i've seen from any european team in recent years.

U DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT WATCH IT

:D :D :D

like it or not we are the champions :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

its true that the greek's "football" is boring, even they admit it. this type of football is growing everywhere... now it doesnt matter what type of football you play, football isnt a show anymore... really sad to see this :(

they got the goal and portugal didnt, too bad for us :(

that shows football aint all about stats... that's the USA-way... stats stats and yea, stats! It's about efficientcy and smartness... Portugal has what we'd say star-players... They made counless efforts on goal... Did they score? No. Greece didn't have any star-player... Our only hope was to win was to eliminate opponent skill (that's smartness)... We only made one effort on goal... Did we score? Yes. (that's efficiency)... If you don't like it, too bad... I agree that many teams were better than Greece (i completely agree that the Czechs were the best) but how do you expect weak teams to face strong ones? They don't have the option of playing offensively... They don't have the option to use individual player skill when they have no stars... They can only play defensively, eliminate opponent skill (really, is that a bad thing?) and hope for a fast counter-attack... That's how football is im afraid... And why is it a pity? Because we are smart enough to beat stronger teams? After all, it's not like we didn't play against the French or the Czechs... It's a pity for them that they didn't win a weaker team... Just learn to accept the fact that weaker teams deserve to use smartness, efficiency and strategy...

agreed.

but I love the Czechs, the most entertaining team in Euro 2004 :)

I had fun watching the game, I mean cummon, it's the final, even though they're not scoring as much, you're still expecting a goal in almost every minute.

I had fun watching the game, I mean cummon, it's the final, even though they're not scoring as much, you're still expecting a goal in almost every minute.

Not really, compared to other games that Portugal played in it kinda sucked, Portugal didn't play very good, especially Deco and the greeks didn't give them any chance either and the two chances they got they missed miserably but i'm kinda happy with the ending, shows that football isn't all about italy, germany and france.

scolari made the subs too late. pauleta sucked during all the tournament and he still played at the beggining, deco had a bad game too and miguel's injury didnt help. besides that, we should have played with a 4-4-2...

its true that the greek's "football" is boring, even they admit it. this type of football is growing everywhere... now it doesnt matter what type of football you play, football isnt a show anymore... really sad to see this?:((

LOL, Are you saying the greeks arecampers>?!

Pauleta sucked during all the tournament and he still played at the beggining, deco had a bad game too and miguel's injury didnt help. besides that, we should have played with a 4-4-2...

I don't understand Pauleta...

He was the guy that had more experience with that ball, and yet, he sucked!

Deco was always sliding! WTF? And, it was a shame what happened to Miguel... We burned a substitution.

I don't think that tactic would have help against them... They would come up with something new...

Edited by tiagosilva29

LOL, Are you saying the greeks are campers?!

I don't understand Pauleta...

He was the guy that had more experience with that ball, and yet, he sucked!

Deco was always sliding! WTF? And, it was a shame what happened to Miguel... We burned a substitution.

I don't think that tactic would have help against them... They would come up with something new...

they camp back there in defence. lol

miguel r0x! he worths like 10 paulos ferreira, even injured he really tried to continue playing :yes:

it appears that deco is like a new joao pinto, always falling

rui costa should have played in place of deco

nuno gomes in place of pauleta

and.. who knows... moreira in place of ricardo :)

if i was scolari i would have put Nuno Gomes in Deco's place in the 65 minutes leaving us with two forwards for the rest of the match.

Just beyond god i can't understand why Deco was left on the pitch, he did nothing but **** on that game and it's understandable because he had a tough seasonand probably was beat but scolari should have taken him off.