Neowin's Official Euro 2004 Thread

zeebaf
Lee,May 23 2004, 12:23]It's early to say, but who do you think will win Euro 2004?  :unsure:

I believe England will win, but only because I live there.  ;)  Maybe France could win it too.

What do you think?

I guess Czech Republic is winer of UEFA EURO 2004?.

w33zy
I guess Czech Republic is winer of UEFA EURO 2004?.

U AR3 TAH 1337 SPELLAR!!111!

Lycan

Lol remember that suck-ass referee Urs Meier? who was leading England - Portugal at the Quarters final, he?s been threathened:pp, he got police guard now at his home hehe, UEFA blames the britisch press for publishing his private fotos and home address info etc:pp

Yvo
Lol remember that suck-ass referee Urs Meier? who was leading England - Portugal at the Quarters final, he?s been threathened:pp, he got police guard now at his home hehe, UEFA blames the britisch press for publishing his private fotos and home address info etc:pp

I feel sad for the guy.

The english are really sore losers.

Train your players not hold other players, esp. the goalkeeper and this wont happen next time.

Rivers

Yet again.. watch it frame by frame and you will see no one was holding anyone... idiot :rolleyes:

Our training cant be that bad.. we gave Holland a good arse kicking last time ;)

Anyway enough of that..

My moneys now on the Czechs to go all the way.

They have great spirit and teamwork if no big name players.

Although they probably will be big name players after the tournament when the premiership buys most of them lol.

MountainSnake

Do I need to say that the referee had whistle even before the ball get in? So if the game was stopped that doesn't count. It was not even considered an annulled goal.

:no:

tiagosilva29
Do I need to say that the referee had whistle even before the ball get in? So if the game was stopped that doesn't count. It was not even considered an annulled goal.

:no:

http://www.euro2004.com/News/Kind=1/newsId=202214.html

Roth backing

"The reaction of the English press to Urs Meier after his correct decision was unacceptable," Roth said at a press briefing at the Hotel Solverde at S?o Felix da Marinha, just outside Espinho today. Journalists were shown a video clip of the disallowed goal, and were given an explanation as to why UEFA's referee experts considered the decision to be correct. 'Correct decision'>

"The referee had to make a judgement in a single fraction of a second," said Ridden. "He had to judge in terms of whether the England defender was holding the goalkeeper as well as limiting the goalkeeper. Certainly the Referees' Committee has discussed this very thoroughly, and they feel the referee made the correct decision from his position."

The UEFA refereeing board that some guys said that was going to pwn Urs Meier because he was wrong... Uhm...:whistle::

Yvo
Yet again.. watch it frame by frame and you will see no one was holding anyone... idiot :rolleyes:

Our training cant be that bad.. we gave Holland a good arse kicking last time ;)

Anyway enough of that..

My moneys now on the Czechs to go all the way.

They have great spirit and teamwork if no big name players.

Although they probably will be big name players after the tournament when the premiership buys most of them lol.

Excuse me... who are you calling an idiot. Very unnecessary to start the name calling. :angry:

I didn't watch it frame by frame but if the referee commitee agrees that Meier was right than suck it up. :angry:

But calling me an idiot and personalizing this just shows you are a sore loser.

So again who are you calling an idiot... very low to start the name calling because that is all you can do it looks like.

DoNuTs

Get over it people :rolleyes:

mika

hehe i am glad that at least one German is left in the Euro 2004... Since the German players came off badly, i hope Markus Merk can represent the true Germany :D

Lechio

we are the champions we are the champions

Alezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz PORTUGALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

pt.gif

Frank84

still the same opinion

advocaat go away!!!!

btw.. good game portugal.

ian

First of all, we had a vodka (Russia). For a starter, some "tapas" (Spain). The main course was "beef" (England). And now, for dessert, some nice oranges from Holland, kekeke :p

PORTUGAL ALL THE WAY!!!

One match to go...

xispe
First of all, we had a vodka (Russia). For a starter, some "tapas" (Spain). The main course was "beef" (England). And now, for dessert, some nice oranges from Holland, kekeke :p

And maybe a girl (Rep Checa) to complete the menu :p

Desculpem o meu Ingl?s :blush::

Stingray

Portugal is in the final :)

tiagosilva29

I have lost my voice. announcement.gif

takecare

PRTUGAL :yes:

jaffa

PORTUGAL ALL THE WAY!!!

One match to go...

wtf.. we don't even make oranges here... you should get some dutch cheese :p

blackspawn

hurray for PORTUGAL!!! :D First final ever!! the cup awaits us... GO PORTUGAL!

JVillanueva

Ahahaha, I aint in portugal but somone is goin all the way! :shifty:

[DGS]

GO GREECE !!!

[DGS]

It will be GREECE's year.. With the olympics and all :D :D

Apollo

oh man PORTUGAL played very well for exception of the beggining of the sencond half!!! many people will disagree but portugal could have won 4/5/6 - 2 but we suck at scoring goals :laugh:

GO PORTUGALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

THE FINAL IS OURS!!

Ruffneckting
It's early to say, but who do you think will win Euro 2004??

I believe England will win, but only because I live there.? Maybe France could win it too.

Well there goes that!!! Next time maybe next tim:(:(

Go on Portugal you deserve it. At least us English wont feel so bad if you win it. The better side must have won.:whistle:e: j/k