Windows XP SP2 RC2 Now released!

Well everyone wanting a link will have to wait untill it hits MS Technet like rc1 did. then you can have a download link that WILL NOT be violating Neowins rules. as for right now its The only way to get it is from windows beta

Yes, they are SP2 integrated builds with time bomb

Anyway, for those that are whining about the Download Manager. Do no use SP2 XP to download. Unless you lower the ActiveX security, you will have difficulties downloading.

Also, be more patient. I haven't been forced to download through BitTorrent like some of you did. It is really not that bad.

Since when is asking for help whining? And IT IS that bad for some of us (or at least ME), I would like to be more patient yet I would be waiting forever because the MSFTM does not work! the only reason I have to download from another source is because the the transfer fails to start, the program opens and initiates the download process so my activeX settings have nothing to do with this error. I recently formatted and reinstalled my original-RTM XP copy and tried to download 2142 and it failed as well. It works on the family computer but I dont currently have access to that.

How do you become a windows beta tester?

You send an application at http://beta.microsoft.com and wait, and wait, and wait till they at Microsoft feels like nominating you to a particular beta program, not just a Windows beta... depending on what you select in the application.

Since when is asking for help whining?  And IT IS that bad for some of us (or at least ME), I would like to be more patient yet I would be waiting forever because the MSFTM does not work! the only reason I have to download from another source is because the the transfer fails to start, the program opens and initiates the download process so my activeX settings have nothing to do with this error.  I recently formatted and reinstalled my original-RTM XP copy and tried to download 2142 and it failed as well.  It works on the family computer but I dont currently have access to that.

The way you sound is indeed whining. If you emailed Beta Admin, they will be glad to reply and help you within 24 hours. You didn't try, and you start whining. And you telling me that's called asking for help. I dunno

Think you are one of the few that are experiencing the problem? You are wrong. I had the same probelm as yours, and I emailed the admin, and we immediately have communication. Sending them some logs, and they analized it.. emailed me back and asked me to try again. Has been working ever since.

The way you sound is indeed whining. If you emailed Beta Admin, they will be glad to reply and help you within 24 hours. You didn't try, and you start whining. And you telling me that's called asking for help. I dunno

Think you are one of the few that are experiencing the problem? You are wrong. I had the same probelm as yours, and I emailed the admin, and we immediately have communication. Sending them some logs, and they analized it.. emailed me back and asked me to try again. Has been working ever since.

hmm considering these forums can be used for quick help (esp. since this is something that someone has probably experienced before) I see nothing wrong with asking here first instead of waiting on someone from MS to email me. Being as I have been nothing but nice in asking for help I would ask that you lighten up and be more helpful instead of being such a jackass. :)

Geez........can't anyone wait a couple of weeks for it to be released?

Who cares if RC2 is available, UNLESS you are a sys admin wanting to check it

on your systems BEFORE you deploy it system wide.

Why anyonw would want to download this, other than bragging rights is beyond

me. I even wait at least a week, when a SP comes out, let others screw around

with bleeding edge......I want S-T-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y

:alien:

im waiting and holding off untill SP2 final is released to format and reinstall both my laptop and desktop... its a pain in the ass to backup 160gb worth of stuff