::soon to be added in::

tubing/barb sizes for parts

parts included in kit [cpu/nb/gpu(*/*inch)] format

recommended kits

sub zero cooling section

it'll all be up by friday

thats for all the kinda words guys

thanks for the link dac ;)

guys if you have any other detailed questions or you have a link, just pm me ^_^ makes it much easier for me to update

ok heres what ill be adding as recommended setups.. anyone think i should revise anything?

[Recommended Custom Setups:]

[Entry Level Kits]

[1/4 id-80mml Radiator System]

Ehiem 1046 with Innovatek Expansion & Filling Tank (reservior) or fill and bleed tube (and y splitter)

Koolance CPU-300-H06 block(3/8 od)

black ice micro (3/8 od)

any 1/4 id 3/8 od tubing you can find

also get some hose clamps or zip ties (only for the radiator in this case)

[3/8 id-120mm Radiator System]

Hydor l20 pump with 3/8 id barbs(you may need to buy the barbs)

WaterChill CPU Cooler Universal DIY block (putting it together yourself reduces the cost.. just remember to test)

Astek single 120mm radiator or black ice extreme

fill and bleed tube + Y splitter or 3.5 bay reservior (dangerden has them)

clearflex or Tygon tubing

also get some hose clamps or zip ties

[CPU,Northbridge,Gpu cooling Kits] - The all in 1 kits (AI-1) these are not power coolers

[The 1/4 id AI-1 kit]

Ehiem 1048 with Innovatek Expansion & Filling Tank (reservior) or fill and bleed tube (and y splitter)

Innovatek I-cool Revision 4 or swiftech mcw6000 - CPU

Black Ice Extreme (1/4 id 3/8 od)

GPU-180-V06(MB) - Northbridge

Graph-O-Matic Rev.1 - Graphics

[The 3/8 id AI-1 kit]

Hydor l20

asetek antarctica + y splitter ,dangerden tdx or mcw 5000

MCW20 or Waterchill Chipset Cooler

mcw 50,Dangerden maze4 gpu block or Waterchill Graphics Cooler

Black Ice Extreme (3/8 id 1/2 od)

[Power Cooling Kit]- choose a block fellas

DangerDen RBX or TDX,Polarflo SF,Dtek WhiteWater (3 barb and a Y splitter, TDX is a two barb ;) )

hw labs - Black ice extreme (1x120mm)

hydor l30 or Ehiem 1250 (plus barbs)

fill and bleed tube + Y splitter or 3.5 bay reservior

[Recommended External Kits]

Koolance Exos

Corsair Hydrocool

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

Once, i was very close to buying a water cooling kit. But a guy a talked to said i shouldn't

Becuase there would be a big risk of the water cables sprung a leak and my whole PC was ruined.

there is very minimal risk as long as you take care in setting up your system and test it well... most parts and tubing are of good quality now days

because you always run at above the ambient temperature you should never see any condensation

see although your cooler by water your still technically cooled by the air which means without specialy cooling gear (aka peltiers) your not going to see sub ambient temps... an unfortunate fact

(but then ive heard very rare stories.. but i guess we all have)

condensation comes into play with sub ambient and sub zero cooling .. then you'll have to protect your gear

but i havent had any problems.. a few of my friends from indonesia who have it havent had problems either and it can get pretty darn humid there

• 2 weeks later...

due to some good constructive critisism regarding the guide ive added several things:

-added alot of comments about non commercial gear

-started alphabetising the kits and parts

-added axtra answers to questions

-caved in and finally gave an opinion on temperatures

theres also alot of new gear on here guys,some from germany,australia and the usa (like watercooled psu's)

keep a look out for more stuff soon

-EnIgMa-PenGuIn

EDIT

problems wit the server are causing my edits in the guide to produce errors that are show html formatting, things like <a> and the like.. sorry guysdont ask me how tho....

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

it is true there are other thing you can use, alcohols, coolants, oils.... there are various things ^_^ however they range in properties and cost, its up to you what you choose in the end.

i might add that into the guide ;)

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

just buy zalman water cooling kit, it is fantastic. and it looks great if you hook up 2 and put them on both sides of your pc next to your inset wall mounted infinity speakers

this is where you get into the who silent/cooling tradeoff

I actually wouldnt recommend that at all, the zalman's pump is rather poor.. it has a low flow and a low head rating. Dont get me started on the design of the reservator... its needs work.. quite a bit of work. (it needs an increase in surfuce area on the inside of the reservator)

i dont think running them in serial will do you too much good, but im not sure (besides helping the head and flow loss reduction).....id actually like to see that.

But otherwise.... for its purpose, it does a great job :yes: silent cooling

Samoa's short guide to watercooling (the easy way)

1. buy a Koolance Exos, and a 300cu waterblock.

2. Read the instructions and set it up accordingly.

3. Enjoy your new liquid cooling setup. (Y)

It's really that easy. :D Set it and forget it.

samoa ive had enough of this... ive said it once and ill say it again, this kind of post isnt constructive.

the kit isnt for everyone.. it is not a one stop solution and its remarkably expensive for what comes with the exos as sold retail (you still have to buy a $50 block, after what $400aud), i rate it as one of the best external kits, so i agree its worth of praise and i know its a great kit and you love it..

but please stop pimping it everywhere.. over and over and over

please.. im asking you, not in here....at the very least not here...

EnIgMa-PenGuIn

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

• 3 weeks later...

wow, best guide i have ever seen on watercooling. i was hesitant about getting one because setting it up looks hard, but with this ill easily be able to get one on my next computer.

2 thumbs up Enigma :jump: :hug:

• 3 weeks later...

[update:]

well cos i cant add to the guide anymore ill just add an imformative note here;

[Dangerden] has added lga755 versions of both its RBX and TDX range of blocks

[Koolance] added Intel LGA 775 and Nocona Xeon 604 Support to several blocks

[swiftech] Has aslo updated its range of kits to include new lga755 varients

Others are laggina bit, but we shall see

[/update]

So all you people wondering if your new lga board can get watercooling yet (at least with some ease), now you have your answer.. yup :yes:

have fun peoples

EnIgMa-PenGuIn

First and foremost- fantastic guide!

I am in the middle of purchasing my first water cooling setup and it has been extremely helpful. Keep in mind my budget goal for the WC system is sub $200.

Now the one thing I havent seen beyond the suggested water blocks is a link to any form of water block comparision. Does such a thing exist?

The reason I am asking is I have settled in on most of my parts-

Dolphin DP-385 pump (highly recommended by the pump supplies at half the cost and less noise than an Elheim 1250 BUT it requires a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer

ProCool 120 Heater Core + 120mm Alum 80cfm 30db fan

Thunderbay 5-1/4" drivebay Reservoir

Standard tubing and clamps

The entire system is setup on 1/2" ID tubing and 1/2" OD fittings. I do not however know which water block to go with....

My possible blocks are the RBX/TDX offering from DangerDen, the D-tek TC-4 Rev 2 poly, or possibly the D-tek White Water. I have found no 'common' values to compare these various blocks.

Pumps, Radiators, and the balance of the system parts all have some common numbers which allow comparision.

Does anyone know a good site, graph, etc that would allow some numerical comparisions between the CPU water blocks?