Welcome Screen...

Originally posted by DjmUK  

I just tried locking and print-screening, and no joy :( oh well, in the long run I just went to the metallic theme, it's nicer ;)

DJM I want a screenshot of whay you did in regedit!

I don't know why everyone else wants a welcome screen shot? :s

If we see what he has done to the registry then we can copy it and hopefully get it working! :)

crackhbob, what screenshot? I didn't recieve any screenshot. If you're talking about Aco's screenshot, it was attached to his reply. Or are you talking about my Desktop screenshot?

PrintSCRN works as crackhbob just stated.

As for the registry tweak I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight.

Oh I do love playing around in the registry!

I think I figured out why you guys think its not working.

This tweak has no affect on the Welcome Screen. It only changes the theme of the classic logon box when you have to press ctrl-alt-del to login. By default, it is always blue no matter of what theme you are using after you logon. This tweak changes that.

Give it a try, go to ctrl panel --> user accounts and change the way you login (i.e. disable the welcome screen). It will work then.

Also I could not successfully take screenshots at the logon prompt or when the computer was locked. Dunno why.

Anyway, this tweak does work but its not what you guys initially wanted to do.

Hope this helps

Teflon

The PrintSCRN feature works, and here's proof, mind you I also used VNC to grab remotely over my network of the screen from one of my Test XP boxes in work :)

Lots of really really real people ;) I personally like Tom & Gerry (and yea, I know, it's supposed to be Jerry but I thouight I'd be different!)