Micheal Moore: Fact or Fiction?

Big Fat Stupid White Man or Jesus Reborn?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Big Fat Stupid White Man or Jesus Reborn?

• I support Bush and Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man
    • I support Bush and Moore is Jesus Reborn
    • I don't support Bush and Moore is Big Fat Stupid White Man
    • I don't support Bush and Moore is Jesus Reborn

This will most likely turn into a flame/debate (whatever you want to call it). But I have a purpose. I want to know, out all of the people who browse RWI, what you think of micheal moore.

There are two categories:

Bush supporters

Bush non-supporters

Basically, do you think moore is a big fat stupid whtie man? Or is he Jesus reborn for Farenheit 9/11?

For the slow: Is Moore a Liar? Or are his movies the truth?

Now - I don't want to hear any crap about him being "jesus reborn" - i'm just using it as a title.

While i'm at it - because i want to and this is my thread..... i suggest you all read this book when it comes out: http://moorelies.com/book/

i dont want to chose any of those because none of them represent my views

i belive moore bases his movies/books on fact

but like everyone else he is biased and his literature/films will reflect that

Some is fact and should make people think more than they do. Some is fiction that is over the top.

But people should still think about both aspects, and investigate for themselves.

Where's the option for people who don't think in dichotomies? Or extremes?

There is hardly room for "fence-sitters" with either man. They both seem to polorize people pretty throughly. You may use different wording, but one of the four choices is sure to apply to you as well.

so you neither agree with moore nor disagree?

You mean it's possible to agree with some of the things a person says, and disagree with others?! Confound it all ? now the world is just getting too confusing.

Not really. I don't support Bush but I also don't think that Moore is Jesus reborn. Not much room in those choices.

i don't LITERALLY mean jesus reborn. read my first post.

"For the slow: Is Moore a Liar? Or are his movies the truth?"

You mean it's possible to agree with some of the things a person says, and disagree with others?! Confound it all ? now the world is just getting too confusing.

:no:o:

i don't agree with everything bush does and says. but i support him.

i find it very hard to believe that someone is sitting on the fence with micheal moore - unless you have never heard of him.

For the slow: some of the things Moore shows in his movies are the painful truth. It's there ? on camera. However, his opinions, like anyone's, are sometimes sensationalist.

Try not to outright proclaim judgement on people. No one is always right or always wrong ? and even GW Bush doesn't lie about everything. In fact, I'm sure he tells the truth most of the time, by far. It's just that he's lied about some very important issues.

For the slow: some of the things Moore shows in his movies are the painful truth. It's there ? on camera. However, his opinions, like anyone's, are sometimes sensationalist.

http://moorewatch.com/

http://mooreexposed.com/

http://www.moorelies.com/

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/

He manipulates the information he has to mirror HIS views and his ideals. Bowling For Columbine is the perfect example. F9/11 isn't going to be any different.

He manipulates the information he has to mirror HIS views and his ideals.

. . . And certainly, no movie, documentary, newspaper, televised news program, opinion article, political advertisment or campaign, statistic, research study, philosophy, religion, or novel has ever done that before. Moore just happens to be very good at it.

Try to pull your head out of those one-sided websites every one in a while. Look around a bit, son, you just might learn something.

Speaking of big, fat stupid white men, did anyone listen to Glenn Beck yesturday and his rant on Moore and his 'public service announcement'? Too ****ing funny.

i believe moore bases his movies/books on fact but like everyone else he is biased and his literature/films will reflect that

what he said

Yeah thats like anything really. What in the media today do we really see or hear that depicts both sides of the story. The author, host, speakers opinions and views always tend to shine through. Yes he does manipulate facts, statistics, and leaves out information contrary to his views and points, however (as someone else mentioned) what medium doesnt do that in order to build up its arguments? Just the way the world is really, I dont doubt that a person of equal character could create a rebut film to bowling in columbine or fareinheight [excuse the spelling].

I think its sad these days that you cant tell whats true. People twist and pervert what they want you to see. Michael moore is no different. The media does it and so does the us govement(so does the rest of the world for that matter). The only way to know the truth is you have to pretty much be there to witness it.

In the age of info we have so many sources ppl tend to believe what fits there politics.

I think its sad these days that you cant tell whats true. People twist and pervert what they want you to see. Michael moore is no different. The media does it and so does the us govement(so does the rest of the world for that matter). The only way to know the truth is you have to pretty much be there to witness it.

yes you are correct

[this thread has been zombified]

i belive moore bases his movies/books on fact

but like everyone else he is biased and his literature/films will reflect that

I think otherwise.

I believe Moore has an "opinion" first then goes on a quest to find only the stuff that supports his opinion, while leaving out anything that obviousely conflicts with his views or manipulating it to where it fits with his views, and then makes a movie.

So I don't think his movies are based on facts I think they're based on opinions in which case he's got the process all backwards. See in my mind you should first:

a) obtain all the info you can

b) then make informed opinion about said event

c) then make movie

Moore does it this way:

a) form opinion

b) find anything that wil support it, disregard or edit anything that doesn't

c) make movie