Have you read My Life by Clinton?

Shipping cost will be twice over its price in the US, cos I am in China. So I could not buy one, darn it.

Show us what is best in the book in your mind. :)

Clinton is a wise man. The latest Gallup survey in the USAToday showed that he is the third greatest president in the heart of the American people. The first one is Lincoln.

0375414576.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

even if it did touch me, he would deny it

:rofl:

moved to real world issues..cause we all know where this will go :pinch:

skinnylegs,Jun 20 2004, 10:43]

I find this very hard to believe. I'd Google it but I'm too lazy right now.

ditto. i'm going to see if i can find that.

i can't find it. so i'm gonna call the BS flag until i see the poll... and even then i'd be very sketchy of that poll.

skinnylegs,Jun 20 2004, 11:43]

I find this very hard to believe. I'd Google it but I'm too lazy right now.

Why? He some astronomical public rating while he was President. I mean, most people probably couldn't say they liked Washington or Jefferson, but out of the last hundred years, it's him Kennedy, and two Roosevelts that everyone remembers. Given the fact that he's so recent, I'm wouldn't doubt it.

Haven't read the book, might once it hits cheap-o paperback.

hes definitely not the 3rd greatest president. id like to see where you got that from.

but anyways, id like to get my hands on that book. Even though i really dislike the man, i still want to read his book and see how much of a fool he is.

most people probably couldn't say they liked Washington or Jefferson

Is that a joke? Washington and Jefferson were among the founding fathers of our great nation. Most people don't know that much about them other than what they learn in school because they didn't live during our lifetime.

I can guarantee you that the JFK, FDR and Reagan definately rank higher than Clinton in terms of "greatest presidents." .....and those are just 3 off the top of my head. Jimmy Carter was a great president and a great man. Nixon was a great president. Clinton.....gimme' a break. Name 3 things he did for this country. Still thinking? Exactly.....that's my point.

Clinton is going to be on 60 Minutes tonight. You might want to watch it. I, for one, won't be buying the book because I don't like him and won't support him.

Here's the scholastic ranking of Presidents:

http://ragz-international.com/pres.pdf

Clinton is 24th ;) Assumedly if you asked people on the street you'd get a much different result.

Ah, here's the Gallup poll that puts him 5th:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BC-hstry.htm

Of course that has Kennedy as number one :wacko:

Bush is ranked 7th...... that's surprising. I definately wasn't expecting that.

In many ways,the book is a mirror of Mr. Clinton's presidency: lack of discipline leading to squandered opportunities; high expectations, undermined by self-indulgence and scattered concentration.

This memoir underscores many strengths of Mr. Clinton's eight years in the White House and his understanding that he was governing during a transitional and highly polarized period. But the very lack of focus and order that mars these pages also prevented him from summoning his energies in a sustained manner to bring his insights about the growing terror threat and an Israeli-Palestinian settlement to fruition.

In fact, "My Life" reads like a messy pastiche of everything that Mr. Clinton ever remembered and wanted to set down in print; he even describes the time he got up at 4 a.m. to watch the inaugural ceremonies for Nigeria's new president on TV. There are endless litanies of meals eaten, speeches delivered, voters greeted and turkeys pardoned.

There are some fascinating sections about Mr. Clinton's efforts to negotiate a Middle East peace agreement (at one point, he suggests that Yasir Arafat seemed confused, not fully in command of the facts and possibly no longer at the top of his game), but there are also tedious descriptions of long-ago political debates in Arkansas over utility regulation and car license fees . There are some revealing complaints about missteps at the FBI under Louis Freeh's watch , but there are also dozens of pointless digressions about matters like zombies in Haiti and ruins in Pompeii.

Mr. Clinton confesses that his affair with Monica Lewinsky was "immoral and foolish," but he spends far more space excoriating his nemesis, independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr, and the press.

He writes at length about his awareness that terrorism was a growing threat, but does not grapple with the unintended consequences of his administration's decisions to pressure Sudan to expel Osama bin Laden in 1996 (driving sent the al Qaeda leader to Afghanistan, where he was harder to track) or to launch cruise missile attacks against targets in Sudan and Afghanistan in retaliation for the embassy bombings in 1998 (an act that some terrorism experts believe fueled terrorists' conviction that the United States was an ineffectual giant that relied on low-risk high technology).

NYT

Bush is ranked 7th...... that's surprising. I definately wasn't expecting that.

Oh, but he saved us after the attacks. :rolleyes: I guarentee that his rating will go way down after he leaves.