Illinois Residents! AMBER ALERT!

http://codeamber.org/tester/

The Illinois State Police and the Iroquois County Sheriff's Department issued the Amber Alert after the boy was abducted in Loda, Illinois, which is just north of Champaign, on Monday afternoon.

James E Tester, 3 yrs., 3' 6", 50 lbs. white male with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Police are looking for Daniel l Tester, 33 yrs., 6'1", 250 lbs. with brown hair.

Threats were made to harm the child.

They are believed to be in a 1992 white Chevrolet pickup truck with Illinois tag 19804C. The truck is an extended cab with crome wheels and a tool box in the bed.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Iroquois County Sheriff\'s Office at 815-432-4918 or dial 911.

If a mod could announce/sticky this that would be great. For a few days at least, until people have a chance to read. I know how fast threads can drop to the bottom in this forum.

Saw this on the news tonight.

It's interesting how quickly these stories hit the news now that the Amber alert system has become law here in IL. It's sad though, the description they gave of the truck they are looking for only matches like 1 million of them here in IL alone.

Not to take away from the importance of the system, but does anyone here in IL feel that the alert system is being used too often?

If a mod could announce/sticky this that would be great. For a few days at least, until people have a chance to read. I know how fast threads can drop to the bottom in this forum.

we'll just keep bumping it :)

hope they find the kid and deal with kidnapper

okay time for some critizim...

amber aleart for a white boy....let alone one that could fit a number of kids...

man, and as stated before matching many trucks...in illinoi

my bet: the guy is in indiana....due to where Champaine is...

the other problem I have with "Amber" alerts, is that they do not shift right....or something, like they should be defined area like he could be in around these counties highlighted, has passed over into so-and so state, and then expand......

ever since "Amber Alert" started its been weird...how often does it work?/ect. let alone, whats the chance that someone who could be ****ed at their ex-parent enough to say, oh he said this/or she said that...only to find out that they lied about the kiddnapping?

oh and look....kiddnapped by a parent....errr

i always think too much

anyway hope the kid gets back safe and sound

OMFG, my hometown of Gilman is about 10 miles north of there. And lemme tell ya something, f-cking everyone has a white pickup in those towns. Believe me, I'm a farmer kid, working in the fields all day when I was in HS, white pickups all day.

Saw this on the news tonight.

It's interesting how quickly these stories hit the news now that the Amber alert system has become law here in IL.  It's sad though, the description they gave of the truck they are looking for only matches like 1 million of them here in IL alone.

Not to take away from the importance of the system, but does anyone here in IL feel that the alert system is being used too often?

I think the problem is that kids go missing too often.

This, though, is only one of two amber alerts that are active. The other one has been on since August of '03, and they beleive the suspects have left the country.