Two US Soldiers face homocide charges

U.S. Army officials plan to file negligent-homicide and manslaughter charges against two Fort Carson-based military intelligence officers who allegedly suffocated an Iraqi general during an interrogation in November, The Denver Post has learned.

Two other enlisted soldiers face dereliction-of-duty charges in the fatal interrogation, according to a Pentagon document obtained by the newspaper.

Prosecution of the two officers would mark the first time service members involved in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts have faced homicide-related charges in connection with the abuse of prisoners of war. Military experts say it could be the first such action in recent history.

Denver Post :angry:

I don't....know....what i should think about this....

I mean technically they failed doing interrigation...your suppose to keep the person alive....not kill them(though the suffication is a sort of tatic, you get them near the brink of death then pull them back by letting them breaht....you do it multiple times till they talk/continue to talk)...and the fact he was an important prisoner....

Of course, the General could have...oh commited suicide by making sure not to breath....no one mentions that...

and because the two soliders were not reprimanded by their commander....let alone the fact the commander will probablly be held somewhat accountable somewhere....

and im not sure they should be committed with manslaughter....or homicide...i mean i doubt they meant to kill him....and why were EM service people not on hand right for this?...i mean sheesh....

so you think they should strangle people they are interrogating? wtf are you mad?

theyre getting what they deserve. hopefully this will be lesson to other troops over there.

what an assinine question...i think the soldiers should be strangled for what they've done. our lives are no more important or worthy than the Iraqis. guilty or not he didn't deserve to be suffocated.

what an assinine question...i think the soldiers should be strangled for what they've done. our lives are no more important or worthy than the Iraqis. guilty or not he didn't deserve to be suffocated.

then what was with the " :angry: " smiley?

gotcha. it was so, unadonai of you. i guesss i underestimated you. i think this is the first thing we agree on :hug:

If you really listen to what he has been saying all along about this abuse, you would not have made that assumption. I have seen few, if any, people defend the abuse.