Longhorn build 4074 and default store

:no: I have installed Longhorn build 4074, and before i've even set about trying to enable or disable services or remove windows components which are not required, I have been unable to find where the so-called "DefaultStore" is situated.

If I type in "\\localhost" in internet explorer, i'm presented with a selection of about six or seven folders all with impossibly long names, and one folder called SQL_WinFSCatalog but NOT any called DefaultStore.

I've read in various websites about copying files and documents over to \\localhost\DefaultStore but it's not a network location that seems to exist on my installation of the 4074 build. Can anyone help me?

I have the WinFS service and associated services all enabled as automatic, and the windows components of WinFS also installed. I've try using the command "c:\windows\i386\sbctl start" which does something nifty to the Alt-tab usage, but does NOT enable this mysterious DefaultStore which I cannot find.

It's a straightforward boot up from a basic "setup and leave" installation, and without touching anything, i immediately open windows explorer and navigate to, say, the Documents folder. If I try to copy and paste 'over' this folder (which i know isn't an actual folder, but a share) i get an error message saying "unable to copy document.doc " unable to find %1!ls! (or something), if i try a simple command line copy i get localhost\defaultstore not a correct network address.

help!

p.s. interestingly, under the Music folder i have a message saying "quicklink you have specified did not complete successfully" - if i check the properties of the music folder and selction location, it tells me that it's looking in the \\localhost\DefaultStore folder which DOESN'T exist!

as I already mentioned previously, I have already tried to copy files into any of the libraries and winfs doesn't do anything except display an error.

To add to this strange quirk - i reloaded the OS again last night, and changed just one service running on the computer called 'samas.exe' which seemed to reveal to me all of the defaultstore folders!