Beckham vandalised

The story is here, from BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3850981.stm

"The misspelling of 'losers' may have been a reference to Rebecca Loos, whose claims of an affair with Beckham made headlines earlier this year."

I think that is giving too much credit to the vandal...it's suggesting depth to the writing that, quite frankly doesn't exist. Besides, 'losers' spelt as 'loosers' is quite common.

It's a freaking game. People have serious issues. When the yankees lost the world series, I didn't go out and destroy something. I accepted it and moved on with my life.

pathetic loosers... why bother doing this now? when england are already out and nothing can be done about it..

hope they catch that vandal who done it and kik his a$$...

"The misspelling of 'losers' may have been a reference to Rebecca Loos, whose claims of an affair with Beckham made headlines earlier this year."

Yea... When I was at school people thought "looser" was the correct spelling...

Idiots... :no:

I think that is giving too much credit to the vandal...it's suggesting depth to the writing that, quite frankly doesn't exist. Besides, 'losers' spelt as 'loosers' is quite common.

Yeah I agree entriely. Was probably just some stupid kid with a very low reading age.

Why people do this is beyond me.

It's a freaking game. People have serious issues. When the yankees lost the world series, I didn't go out and destroy something. I accepted it and moved on with my life.

To some people its more than a game. There was this guy who scored an own goal in the world cup a couple of years ago and he was murdered.

The columbians i think did that, when they came home from the world cup after doing really badly some of the players actually feared for their lives,

absolutely crazy.

People who do things like this just annoy me so much for being so selfish, i can't help it.

I know this is not the main point of this but that picture was worth ?7500.

(******s)

easy to do when you know that losing the world series means your owner will spend twice as much money the next season to make sure it doesnt happen again.

easy to do when you know that losing the world series means your owner will spend twice as much money the next season to make sure it doesnt happen again.

pfft, bashing time

Look at the A's when they dont do well, they know the owners will spend less money to make sure it doesnt happen again :whistle: ;)

Edit: Read Moneyball, good book

Nothing is stopping any other teams from doing it. Maybe instead of hording the money for their pockets, they could spend it on their teams. George gets money from attendance, tv rights, and so much more. Why shouldn't he use it on his team? Give me one reason he shouldn't take his own money if it means making his team better.

Anyways, people have issues. The team lost a championship. There won't be anymore I guess. :rolleyes:

It is best to know what you're writing about before you actually write it.

The death of the colombian player had nothing to do with the own goal scored in USA 94'. Colombian players do not fear for their lives as some of you seem to think, you don't know this, you don't live there.

Edited by Nimdock

I like the English (I belive it was English, correct me if I'm wrong) soccer fan from Eurotrip. Now that guy was freaking hilarious.

"Playing for Colombia in the 1994 World Cup, Andres Escobar inadvertently scored a goal into his own net in a 2–1 loss to the U.S. Ridiculed endlessly across his homeland, one night Escobar [tragically] confronted a group of his deriders. As he got into his car to drive away, one of them pulled out a gun and emptied six shots into him, reportedly punctuating each shot by shouting, 'Goal!'"

you obviously don't live in europe... they take soccer or "football" very serious. you obviously never seen a football riot either... hundreds die during those things. i come from scotland, and they got 4 sometimes 5 chanels over there, without cable. the only sport that is on over there is football, no other sport can survive... they tried hockey, no one showed up, tried american football, no one showed up again.

people go crazy without football over there.. and serves beckham right... he's worth millions, he "was" the best player in the league... now he's lost it.. he sucks now. he missed 2 goals! in pelenty shots.. i thought those were sure shots!

lyles, that doesnt mean that they don't have issues. Really now, killing "hundreds" over a football match? Screams mental instability to me.