What You Like And Dislike...

:laugh: Anyone may flame me -- I've learned to laugh at it.

[sanctified] loads up his revolver and shoots Hum in the head

Ok, who's next? :shifty:

,Jun 30 2004, 13:39] Dislikes:

1.- Some members that are OFFENDED if we "dare" to warn them when they deserve it, damn us for having rules :rolleyes:

:) And rules are fine -- just think ocassionally, a few Mods let their own personal feelings get in, and they go over-board, or are inconsistent.

LOVE the eye-roll !

:) And rules are fine -- just think ocassionally, a few Mods let their own personal feelings get in, and they go over-board, or are inconsistent.

LOVE the eye-roll !

Well, that happens in every board, I'd like to think that in this one is not a common think, I can asure you, a lot of warnings or restrictions are consulted with the whole staff first in our secret forum to be sure its the right decission

Yazor: please, keep this in the mature side, last warning

lol. Oops sorry.

Kiwi: My warn is 60% because I always say the wrong things, hence just now. I guess I just have a bizarre sense of humour only I find funny.

btw. I don't hate the mods, I just couldn't find anything to say that I dislike. Neowin does it's job, nuff said.

lol. Oops sorry.

Kiwi: My warn is 60% because I always say the wrong things, hence just now. I guess I just have a bizarre sense of humour only I find funny.

btw. I don't hate the mods, I just couldn't find anything to say that I dislike. Neowin does it's job, nuff said.

thanks for that

i like mostly everything, the people, the news, visual styles, etc. the only thing i really dislike is the "server is too busy to handle your request" stuff and a few other things but other than that, i like neowin a whole lot. (Y)

I have to say I really dont like those arguments that people make about how what they like is great and their opposition sucks. For exmaple:

HL2 will rule and Doom 3 will suck

(Why can't you like both games??)

PC's are great, Macs are awful

(I think both are great and the diversity helps push OS development further)

etc etc...

Like:

Moderation espesily when a mod moves your thread you get a pm sent to you.

News, all my tech news right here

RWI, most fourms dont have this sort of thing

Havring a debate with GWB supporters

Dislike

Trolls

People who make negitive coments when the first psot says dont please.

People who post "I have a 3.6 ghz machine it sux balls" Well I have a 866 mhz with a RIVA TNT2 Pro bitch

Edit: [ Sever Load: 40.53 ]

like: everything on the forum, except...

dislike:

- people who cant speak english and end up speaking gibberish

- people who start absolutely STUPID threads like the one earlier this week about donuts being shipped from one country to another which had been deduced by the number of replies and views of the thread... utterly STUPID

- flood control can be kinda annoying

- members who shoot their mouths off about how they hate neowin randomly and spontaneously

- Large user base, we have people on Neowin from all over the world making a very diverse community.

- 99.9% of the time your questions will be answered, usually with more than one approach to solve the problem.

- Excellent forum layout. The layout makes perfect sense, and it helps keep the place organized.

- The 2004 American Election forum aka Members Metropolis.

- The mods and admins. They are very helpful and do their jobs well. If I ever PM one of them I almost immediately get a response. The admins have been working very hard recently to keep the site up and running and change it for the needs of the users, something I probably wouldn't be able to do.

- Bage Page News

- Trolls. You can't please everyone, and this comes with having such a large community. Guaranteed we've all done it, so I can't put it in dislikes.

- Milestones forum. I'm quality over quantity but I have spammed on occasion.

Dislikes:

- Hit and run spammers (but they get taken care of fairly quickly).

- GMail threads (but the mods managed to get that under control).

Neowin is the only forum that I go to everyday because of this.

-A serious over amount of forum/subforums. I think they could possibly be narrowed down to a lesser scale, there are alot of members on this board and I just feel it's not a "great community" because there are so many forums.

-Some people also on the forum tend to have a strong opinion on things and won't let it die, they like to carry on their arguement. Just let it drop.

-I like the site though I think it's great, ecspecially for finding out advice and latest news because people on this forum MOST people seem to know a thing or two.

That's it really, oh yea and plenty of cool apps on the hopepage. Keep up the good work.

:yes:

-Look at me! I have X posts! Spam in my book. Post count means nothing, post content means everything.

I'm not sure what I like about this place, but I know that I dislike those damn milestone threads (can't believe they even made a sub-forum for it, my god, just fcuking restrict those threads!) and how many idiots that like to troll and start this vs. that threads.

I'm not sure what I like about this place, but I know that I dislike those damn milestone threads (can't believe they even made a sub-forum for it, my god, just fcuking restrict those threads!) and how many idiots that like to troll and start this vs. that threads.

we made tha subforum thinking also about the people who doesnt like them so they can avoid them easily

I like the comments, opinions and help here, and I have no hate for this site. I do like to laught @ Microsoft Haterz.

Yes thats right... i'm a "Microsoft Hater"because I dislike Internet Explorer (with 90% of the rest of the community) :blink:

Your logic never fails to astound me

-News System. Well organized and seems to me to be up-to-date. Makes it easy to catch updates to your favorite programs.

-Fast. The site usually loads pretty quickly for me.

-You can usually get your PC customization questions answered here.

-Easy access to Visual Styles and other things such as icon sets.

Dislike

-Flood Control. God do I hate this thing. It won't let you start typing a post in your browser until 30 seconds past your last post. This feature is horrible on Neowin. On other boards, you can't post until those 30 seconds are up, here you can to wait 30 seconds to begin typing your post, which you would probably be done with after those 30 seconds are up anyways. It's either that or open up notepad just to type messages on a forum.

-Subforum layout. I scroll down the main forum page and it just seems like there are tons of forums that could just be subforums under one main forum, making everything seem less disorganized. Maybe even merge a few forums. The Windows 98 etc forum has under 500 threads right now, why not just make it a subforum or merge it with the WinXP Customization forum, and adopt a thread title system such as:

[XP] Uxtheme.dll Problem

[Win98] How to enable large desktop icons?

Many of the following will be dislikes with the userbase of Neowin rather than the forum itself...

-The amount of people that still think it's cool to have models in the same picture as their computer case. Actually...was this ever cool?

-The people who tell you to use X browser, media player, OS etc. Go to hell, people are allowed to use IE if they want to, and if Windows 95 meets all of a users needs, who are you to demand he pays 200$ for a new OS?

-Look at me! I have X posts! Spam in my book. Post count means nothing, post content means everything.

-'To change Micrsoft styles help me on uxthem.dll patch creates errors OSX look.' Maybe we should create an International or Engrish subforum. I would assume there are PC customization sites for other languages though. I'm all for helping someone, but phrases like that just make me want to kick myself.

-'Omg Vector Art lolz that pwns!' I swear, you could go take a picture of the last dump you took in your bathroom, vectorize it and have half the population of neowin orgasm over it. Basically the same thing with any other style that is 'in' and it gets annoying.

-'Why don't you just buy a mac.' Ummmm, I don't know if I'm the only one who has realized this yet, but just because someone likes how something looks, why does that make everybody automatically assume he's ready to spend tons of cash for that type of system, have to use different programs than what he's used to, not be able to play half his PC games, probably buy a bunch of new hardware accessories, possibly have a tougher time interfacing with his home network and so on.

-'Omg you said something negative! Troll! Flamer! To the fiery pits of Hell for an eternity and a half with you!' I feel this way a lot when I say anything negative about things other than stuff like IE, Realplayer, Windows and anything else that isn't already commonly mocked by the community.

-'Wtf? Why would you want to do that? You'd lose functionality! I could never use a System with that disabled!' Goddamn, do people ever have a problem with letting people customize their computer how they want. If someone wants to disable to menubar in explorer or the systray in the taskbar, people seem to go ape****. To hell with offering these people help, they just get flamed and harassed for wanting to customize their computer how they want to.

I'll probably think of more later. Discuss my list or post your own.

That is...the single BEST post I have seen in a long time. I'm just as sick as you of seeing "OMFG I R GOT 3K POSTS!11". I also completely agree on these idiots who put hot chicks in their sigs, as you said...right next to their PC specs. Anyone who has

A. PC Specs in their sig

B. PICTURES of PCs in their sig

C. Links to their post count threads in their sig

is a loser. It's retarded. Also, the fanboys drive me nuts. Yeah, I switched to Firefox too...you don't see me putting links to it in my sig, or saying how much I love it, or flaming IE chance I get. I really need to stop ranting though, as my Rhapsody CD is almost done and I wannd go install it ;)

Good post though.

Large Community of generally good people

Tolerance for the many different people on here, be they Mac or PC users, or people who can barely speak english. We help everyone when we can.

Excellent moderators (albeit, i sometimes wonder if there is enough Mods at times)

General friendly nature

The many long time regular users. While some can be spammers at times, they're all good people.

Dislikes:

Trolls

Spammers

People who bypass swear filters by purposely misspelling words

Fanboys

Immature posters

A few closed minded people

I've also seen people on this forum evolve from being an immature fanboy trolling in forums while misspelling swear words and making spam posts like "IE sucks, get Firefox" who have grown to be awesome members of the board. They've opened their minds thanks to our members who have shown them that there is more than one good web browser out there, or that the Mac OS is not the hellspawn some people think it is, and that people simply have different opinions about some things.

I'd like to see this continue to happen. Instead of just flaming back the trolls, embrace them. Show them or explain to them your side, and hopefully they will come around.

Dislikes:

Trolls

Spammers

People who bypass swear filters by purposely misspelling words

Fanboys

Immature posters

A few closed minded people

So you dislike www.neowin.net/forum

;) mwahaha joking

,Jun 30 2004, 11:08] we made tha subforum thinking also about the people who doesnt like them so they can avoid them easily

Well, thanks for letting me not see them every time I click on General.