Recording Guitar/Vocals

I have Adobe Audition and i was wondering how i can record a guitar without using a mic up to my amp. Is there something where i can just plug in my guitar thru my amp to my comp or something. I searched on the forums but coulndt find anything. All help is appreciated, Thanks

im not an audio expert or even a guitar player but shouldn't you just be able to get a plug/cable at radio shack that goes down to the size for your computer input.

just don't have it up too high :p

You could take a line straight from your guitar, into your line in, but you would most likely get a pretty dull sound. This is because guitars don't give out line levels signals.

If you have an amp with a line Out, or even a headphone out, then you take a feed direct from that into the soundcard.

If not, then you will need a special box which converts your guitar signal into a line-level signal, called a DI box.

However I think your best bet is to take a level from your amp.

• 2 weeks later...

Or get a live drive, :) But it's much cheaper to just get a $2 adapter from radioshak... although the recording quality is much nicer on a live drive if that means anything to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i'm a musician and i found that convertor so i can record my stuff...............it costs about $4 but you get what you pay for...........i put it through my head that i just bought and it comes out distorted and very quiet.

you can plug into your comp directly with a 1/4 inch to 1/8th adapter and use software effects to simulate guitar amps.

No! That is just wrong! :no:

• 3 weeks later...

Hijack alert : How can I add "fake" drum loops to vocals and guitars in Cakewalk? Or should I do the drums first then play over the top? I really mean, what software should I use? I've used fuity loops, but it seems a bit tacky.

Edited by lunamonkey